Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 24, 2017

Re: QC35 mic picking up background noise

Or maybe know when the user is muted or not. If unmuted then adjust so the user can hear their voice while speaking.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 6, 2017

I have the exact same issue when on mute during conference calls. This is not my top use for these headphones, but I would definitely like the convenienve of conference calls working well on these. It seems like there should be a somewhat easy fix of getting the mute status from the OS and turning off Sidetone when Mute is on. Can someone from Bose help priortize getting this solved?

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @chantastic @alfie

Thank you for the great suggestion. We're always curious about how people use our products and interested in your ideas.

We'll pass this on to our engineering team.

Thanks again,

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

could u tell me Bose qc35's microphone spec.?

Like TYPE: Electret condenser type / ● Directivity characteristic: omnidirectional ?? / ● Sensitivity: -?? dB (1 V / Pa, at 1 kHz) / ● Frequency band: ??  to ?? Hz

Because i loved this microphone Sensitivity, i am using everday for my business conference calls ..,

And also i am curious ; can it be possible APTx with new firmware? or Aptx is hardware technology? 

Thanx a lot

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Kayhannn

Great question. Unfortunately, we don't publish those specs. They are proprietary. Currently, APTx isn't supported, but it is a great feature request! Thanks

Hope that helped

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Mar 19, 2017

can it be with new firmware? or impossible because of hardware issue?

Could Aptx become with software?or required hardware sir?

Thanx a lot

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Kayhannn

Thanks for responding. Those are some great questions. We do have a post with more information about the microphone on the QC35 that you can find here.

QC30 and QC35 for communications

Let us know if you need anything else.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 25, 2017

Hi Mohsin,

Bose needs to add the ability to turn off the microphone. I purchased QC35 II for use in a noisy office environment. The microphone dumps all of the office noise back into the headset defeating the noise canceling. In some cases the headset actually amplifies the noise on the room.  I am a pilot and own a Bose A20 which I am very happy with. I am very disappointing in this purchase and will be returning.

Thanks,

Brandon

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 30, 2017

I urge everyone with these reviews to post them on the Bose website.  That will certainly get there attention.  Thanks

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

What you mean by posting on the Bose website? Would you mind sharing a link?