hayk
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

QC35 noise cancellation vs QC25

Dear Community,

I need good noise cancelling headphones, can you please help to decide which one to buy QC25 or QC35?

Noise cancellation is the only criteria for choosing headphones for me.

The wireless does not matter, because I will always use them twith wire, listne music from PC in office.

Have Bose done any improvements of noise cancelling in QC35 over QC25 or both of them use the same noise cancelling technology?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
Lukuz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

Re: QC35 noise cancellation vs QC25

They use the same ANC. I  see no difference between the two even on the latest Q35 firmware.

The Q25s cannot be upgraded with extra features and are more or less 'stuck'.

The Q35s are the flagship and worth buying the extra, as when new upgrades are done via firmwares, the Q35s will benefit.

hayk
Participant
Registered since

Mar 9, 2017

thank you for the answer.

Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what feature you are referring?

hgpt
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 19, 2017

@Lukuz wrote:

They use the same ANC. I  see no difference between the two even on the latest Q35 firmware.

The Q25s cannot be upgraded with extra features and are more or less 'stuck'.

The Q35s are the flagship and worth buying the extra, as when new upgrades are done via firmwares, the Q35s will benefit.

LOL, have you even read the most active topic on this forum regarding the huge ANC problem after a firmware upgrade?
They indeed "benefited" a lot after the update. Smiley LOL

Lukuz
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 7, 2017

LOL, have you even read the most active topic on this forum regarding the huge ANC problem after a firmware upgrade?
They indeed "benefited" a lot after the update. Smiley LOL

I don't see any difference with my ANC.

If there is an issue bose will fix it with an update, perhaps, in the process, making the ANC even better.

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Lukuz,

I have both the QC25 and QC35. For Acoustic Noise Cancelling, they are very similar. Similar enough that if I'm connecting by wire, I have no preference.

Features / Differences

QC35 Bluetooth wireless. This is very nice if you need to move away from your desk. QC35 can share a sound source with another Bose wireless headset. For example, if you are playing music on an iPad, you can have two Bose wireless headsets connected to that iPad at the same time. From your first post, I don't get the impression that these things will matter much to you.

QC25 has a wired microphone. I find this works better for computer-based telephony like Skype or GoToMeeting (edit to add) because I don't have to use the Bluetooth Hands-Free or Headset profiles that make the audio you hear, mono.

Does that help?

ST

UITA
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

@Lukuz wrote:

If there is an issue bose will fix it with an update, perhaps, in the process, making the ANC even better.

This is golden!!