Notice

The Bose Community Forum was launched at a time when robust online support was not available for Bose customers. Over the past several years we have added new online service channels that provide a more interactive and complete digital experience. Additionally, we have enhanced the My Bose Account capabilities to deliver a more personalized and self-service experience. As a result, Bose has made the decision to close Community Forum for Consumer electronics products on September 30th. The Bose Pro portion of the Community will still operate as usual.

Please visit our support homepage to experience one of our many other digital service channels or simply use your Community log-in credentials to sign in to your My Bose Account to view your orders and view support options.

Thank you to all who have contributed and benefited from interacting in our Community. We look forward to continuing to serve you online.

Regards,
Bose Customer Service Team
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chofito88
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

QC35 not connecting to Bost Connect App.

Hi. My QC35 connects to my phone but it is not connecting to the Bose Connect App(5.0.1), which means I cannot access the settings to my headphones. The app gives me an "Aw Snap!" message. After the third try I get a "No Dice" message. I've tried disconnecting the headphones, removing it from the bluetooth list, re-pairing it to the phone, and nothing is working. I am not sure what to do next. 

7 REPLIES 7
Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Re: QC35 not connecting to Bost Connect App.

Hi,

Did you try to clear the list of bluetouth devices on your bose first , ( you can do that by sliding the button the right and hold it for 10seconds until you hear list is cleared ) , then delete the bose from your phone and open the bose connect app after , and while you start the search , slide again the buttton to the right ( you gonna hear ready to pair)
PS: i have an iphone, if you have an android device , you should probably make sure first that your phone can be viewed by other devices when activating bluetouth )
I hope this work out for you
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@chofito88 great strategy to go with by @Nr.Anas. If you have not already, try also removing the Bose Connect app and re-installing it. Let us know if this works out for you!

Thank you,

Mohsin

jordvnb
Participant
Registered since

Nov 6, 2017

I'm having the same issue!

One day I noticed my QC35ii didn't automatically connect (after about a month of owning them) and they just wouldn't connect. I forgot the device from my phone along with reinstalling the Bose Connect app but nothing is working. I noticed that even when I slide the Bluetooth switch for 10 seconds I don't hear a verbal confirmation that it cleared its connections. Every time I try to connect via app I keep getting the "Aw snap" message. My phone does see it in the Bluetooth menu but the headphones reject the pairing! Please help, my commutes now are incredibly frustrating. 

J0N4TH4N
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 25, 2017

The Bose Connect App seems to be broken when upgrading from iOS10 to iOS11, for some reason Bluetooth module is no longer being detected.

After deleting the App and reinstalling it, the problem is solved though.

Some apps need to be reinstalled after upgrading to to iOS11.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi jordvnb,

Thanks for reaching out to the community here.  That certainly sounds like a frustrating issue and I'm sorry that you're having these problems, I want you to be able to fully enjoy your headphones.  It sounds like you've done a lot of troubleshooting already - have you performed a reset on the headphones?  I have included the steps here below for you just in case:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let me know if this helps at all?

@J0N4TH4N

Thanks for sharing that information - I know that after upgrading to iOS 11 and the subsequent updates I've had to reinstall several apps on my phone.

Good luck and have a great day,

Shiloh_C 

chofito88
Participant
Registered since

Oct 12, 2017

Hello All,

My QC35's now connect to my phone. Something was wrong with version 5.0.1. After the new update, 5.0.2, the headphones are now working with the app. Thanks for the help!

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi chofito88!

I appreciate you coming back and letting me know, I'm glad to hear that you can now enjoy your headphones fully. 

Come back anytime for anything at all.

Thanks,

Shiloh_C