Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

QC35 reset

I've seen posts where you can hold the power button for over 15 seconds etc but is this a hard or soft reset? I've heard talk of a hard reset, any info on this mods?

11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 reset

UITA,

To clarify the QC35 has more of a "reboot" than a "reset" . To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Hope this helps

Tony

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

Thanks for the reply but what will this do? I'm not experiencing any issues other than the reduced ANC, will I gain anything from this fix? I like the sound of "reset" as it gives me the impression that ooh, they're just like they were when they came out of the box! "Reboot" just says, wakey, wakey, you've been asleep for a while and forgot how you work!

Highlighted
Advocate
Registered since

Feb 8, 2017

@Tony_G Anymore news on this? I still don't know what a reboot will do.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

UITA

To clarify, a " reboot" is similar to rebooting your computer, clearing active memory and restarting.

Thanks

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

This still would not make my headphones function.

They are fully charged and work 50% of the time, however, sometimes I will be listening to music over bluetooth when all of a sudden my headphones will cut out and disconnect from all bluetooth devices. (This problem happens with my macbook, ipad, and iphone so it is not a problem with my other devices) 

At this point the noise cancelling function is the only part that works on the headphones without using the audiocord. 

If I turn them off and back on again they will not tell me the battery power OR if they're paired to any devices, rather the heaphones are completely silent and will only use the noise cancelling function. 

This issue has been going on for over 6 months. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Emily

Thanks for posting. That's not how the QC35 should behave. I would suggest that you contact your local Bose support for available options. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Please come back and update us when you can.

Tony

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Sep 18, 2017

I am having the exact same problem as you except when mine turn off they make a clicking sound and all I can hear is the NC active still. Ive been having this problem for a while now too

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey ijv,

Thanks for joining the conversation!  I'd like to reiterate what Tony_G mentioned earlier, calling customer support is definitely your best option.  I've attached another link HERE for your convenience.  Select your country and scroll to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to assist you further and discuss your available options.

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Oct 20, 2017

This is the most stupid advice that I have ever read for a "Reset". It says you are a moderator?!?!

Get the right information from the Bose-staff and please try again, as the information is nowhere else to find. Thank you!