lukehowells
Participant
Registered since

Dec 1, 2017

QC35 right ear quieter than left.

I've got an issue with my QC35's which were manufactured in may 2017, when using wireless on bluetooth the right headphone is a lot quieter than the left when playing music and media. It feels like the balance is out. 

When plugged in via the aux cable, there is no issue?

Any suggestions would be massively appreciated.

Cheers,

Luke

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
lpaulger
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Re: QC35 right ear quieter than left.

Author Accepted Answer selected by ST - Hearphones

I'm having the exact same issues with the right speaker is quiter than the left while using bluetooth. I've followed your steps to do a reset but the issue persists. Also when I use the headphone cable the audio is just fine so this feels to be some software bug or something/

This issue started today and I've owned the headset since November 2016. 

Looking forward to a solution.

Thanks,
Lucas

EDIT: Following up, the issue seems to only present itself when paired with my macbook pro. paired to the iphone the audio seems okay.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
MacOS HighSierra
Version 10.13.1 (17B1003)

EDIT2: Seems somehow the sound preferences on mac had adjusted the audio balance to the left side... 

To fix my issue I went into:
System Preferences -> Sound -> Selected "Lucas' QuiteComfort 35" 
and then moved the slider from the left to the middle.

Hope this saves someone else. Cheers!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Luke,

Thanks for reaching out to the community, that sounds like a frustrating issue.  Can I ask, what device are you pairing them with?  Would it be possible to test them out with a different device as well?  That will help us see where the issue is coming from.  Have the headphones always sounded this way?

Let's try a reset, I've included the steps for you below:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

After you do the reset let's clear the pairing list.  To do that you'll want to slide the power switch all the way to the right and hold it there for about 10 seconds, you should hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired lists as well and then reestablish the connections and test it out.

I hope that you have a wonderful day!

Shiloh_C 

lpaulger
Participant
Registered since

Dec 7, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by ST - Hearphones

I'm having the exact same issues with the right speaker is quiter than the left while using bluetooth. I've followed your steps to do a reset but the issue persists. Also when I use the headphone cable the audio is just fine so this feels to be some software bug or something/

This issue started today and I've owned the headset since November 2016. 

Looking forward to a solution.

Thanks,
Lucas

EDIT: Following up, the issue seems to only present itself when paired with my macbook pro. paired to the iphone the audio seems okay.

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
MacOS HighSierra
Version 10.13.1 (17B1003)

EDIT2: Seems somehow the sound preferences on mac had adjusted the audio balance to the left side... 

To fix my issue I went into:
System Preferences -> Sound -> Selected "Lucas' QuiteComfort 35" 
and then moved the slider from the left to the middle.

Hope this saves someone else. Cheers!

View solution in original post

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Lucas!

That's fantastic, thank you for providing so much detail for us there, that's a great tip and I'm sure that will help out some users.  I'm glad that you're all set to enjoy your headphones, let us know if you need anything.

Have a great weekend and take care,

Shiloh_C 

dma929
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Hi, I’m having the same issue, I tried connecting via Bluetooth to my iPhone and iPad Pro and the right ear is much quieter than the left but if I connect directly using the aux cable (to my iPad) there doesn’t seem to be any issues with the right ear.
Appreciate any help.

Edit: Tried above instructions from Shiloh and it fixed the issue when I connect to the iPad Pro but issue persists when connecting to iPhone (whether connected via Bluetooth or aux cable)🤷🏻‍♀️
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey dma929!

Thanks so much for joining the conversation, sorry to hear your QC 35s are giving you trouble.  I'd suggest reaching out to customer support here, just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".  Support will be able to give you more information on what your available options are moving forward.

I hope you have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C

dma929
Participant
Registered since

Dec 18, 2017

Thanks Shiloh

As it turns out I think the issue is with the phone itself I tested it on another iphone same model as mine (7+) and it works fine. Maybe this gives me an excuse to get the iPhone X 🙂
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey dma929!

Thanks so much for getting back to me!  That's interesting, it does sound like it could be an issue with your phone.  Let me know what you find, if you get a chance!

Enjoy the iPhone X if you get it.

I hope you have a wonderful week and a peaceful holiday season!

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

mrt
Participant
Registered since

Jan 27, 2018

Thanks, I had the same issue when my QC35 were connected to my MB Air (mid-'13) and after checking the system preferences/ sound the device was for some unexplained reason unbalanced.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey mrt,

Thanks for updating us! What a nice and easy fix, I'm sure that will help out other users.

Have a fantastic week!

Take care,

Shiloh