Easty
Participant
Registered since

Nov 13, 2019

QC35 solid amber light even when not on charge !!!

Last week after taking my headphones off charge I noticed the battery indicator was still a solid amber, the headphones still have full functionality, noise cancelling still works etc. But the headphones just constantly drain battery now. 

The only similar problem I can find is regarding the Bluetooth not turning off, nothing about the battery indicator light! 

Has as anybody else had this issue ? They are the original QC35 model. 

1 REPLY 1
Hector_B

Re: QC35 solid amber light even when not on charge !!!

Hello Easty, 

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Bose Community! Sorry to hear that you are having some odd LED and battery issues with your headphones and would love to look into this further for you. 

Let's start with ensuring that your headphones are running the latest software version that is currently available for your headphones, you can check this by connecting them to a PC and visiting our Bose Online Updater, then follow the onscreen instructions to update the headphones if this is available. The latest version for the QC35 I is V3.0.3 and the QC35 II is V4.5.2 as of 14th of November 2019. 

Once you have updated the headphones can you please attempt to perform a reset on them by following these steps below: 

• Power off your product, then wait 30 seconds
  • Connect your product to a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait five seconds
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset, then wait one minute
  • Power on your product.

Please update us on the result of this and if any other users have had this issue and resolve it via an alternate method please do let the community know below. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!