QC35 sound muted during skype call when a notification from phone or PC plays

Quiet Contributor

QC35 sound muted during skype call when a notification from phone or PC plays

I just recently upgraded to the QC35s from a Bluedio TS2 Headset.  I did this because I was hoping for a better sound experience, and a more comfortable wear, as I work in a noisy office, and wear headphones most of the day.

While the general sound is MUCH better, and the comfort is out of this world, there is some issues when I use skype.

When I'm in a call, I will often get a message that pops up that my microphone is causing poor audio quality. 

Additionally, while on a call, if I get a windows notification, or notification on my cell, the sound AND mic cuts out for a few moments.  This is especialy painful as I have my work email set up on my phone, so whenever I get an email, it happens twice in a row.

I've read the previous forum posts with some of the workarounds,  disable sound in windows, set presentation mode, etc...   and they do work as temporary workarounds.

I'm wondering if this is something that will be addressed in a future firmware update?  

My $30 pair of Bluedio headphones had none of these issues.  They could be used for skype calls without any problems.  In fact if I was listening to some music, and had a skype call, the song volume would scale down, and I could take the call, and still listen to music.   Something that the bose set does not seem to be able to do either.

2 REPLIES 2
Silent Starter

Re: QC35 sound muted during skype call when a notification from phone or PC plays

Hi Markus,

I'm having exactly the same issue.

In either phone calls via the PC (Avaya softphone) or on a Skype call when ANY other windows system sound plays the Call/Skype Call drops out for several seconds. When the system sound stops, a few seconds later the QC35's will pick up the audio from the calls again.

This is of course massively frustrating and I'd love to know if there's something that can be addressed here.

Rgds,

Paul

Re: QC35 sound muted during skype call when a notification from phone or PC plays

Hi,

Thanks for the post. It sounds like a Windows notification issue. We have another post that might be of assistance that you can see HERE.

Let us know if that helped

Tony