redrover
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2017

QC35 sound

I have been looking at headphones for watching tv late night, traveling, casual listening...I own in ear powerbeats3 for running.

I bought the QC-35 and Sony MDR1000x

I really like the highs and mids of the QC-35 where it lacks is the bass. The highs and mids were nice and clear. The bass sounded flat to me.

Is there an app that you can use as an equalizer on your iphone/mac that will EQ DRM music? 

Any other suggestions???

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
qbast
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Re: QC35 sound

Sorry for off-topic question, but assuming you bought them just recently, do you hear differences in active noise cancelling between QC35 and MDR-1000x and if yes, which one do you consider to be better?

redrover
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2017

No problem

It was really hard to tell what one was better. I didnt travel with either pair to test them out. I was in Best Buy and I thought the Sonys had a small edge. When I got home and tried them both listening to the exact same songs, I thought the Sony might have the small edge there.

My thing was overall. Id sacrafice the difference in noise cancellation for the better sound quality. IMO thats why Im returning the Sonys. I did like some of the features of the Sonys too. You dont need your phone to advance music or increase or decrease volume or to mute on the fly. Great features so you dont have to take your phone out of your pocket. 

redrover
Participant
Registered since

Mar 29, 2017

bump