QC35 static noise after audio playback

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor

QC35 static noise after audio playback

My recently purchased QC35 series I, produces a cracking/static noise (like you sometimes hear when unplugging a speaker) 1-2 seconds after audio is stopped. It is particularly annoying because the noise happens everytime I send a message using the iMessage app or receive any notification. I have tried it on multiple devices including a 2017 MacBook Pro, an iPhone 5s and two iPads, I have tried the reboot instructions from this forum, a firmware update using Bose connect and using the USB updater, and even tried to update my iOS versions, it is still producing that noise. I have never had this issue on my Soundlink on-ear, or any other bluetooth devices.

The audio playback also stutterred every few songs or so while I was using it yesterday, but I haven't noticed the stutter today.

I have emailed Bose support and have received neither a response nor a confirmation email. Is this a normal QC 35 behavior or a known 'bluetooth limitation'? I would appreciate any insight regarding this issue. Thank you.

3 REPLIES

Re: QC35 static noise after audio playback

Hello Sothyrith,

Thank you for writing into the community, and sorry to hear about your experience. This does not sound like normal behavior. For clarification, you notice this happening only when using iMessage? Have you tested with other apps as well? 

Can you try removing the headphones from all your devices, clearing the headphones pairing list, re-pair with one device and test it again? 

Let us know your findings when you get the chance.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Quiet Contributor

Hello Mohsin,

Thank you for the prompt response. This has happened many times whie using other apps like Spotify, iTunes, a web-based music player and an offline movie player app, although I first started noticing it in iMessage because every time I send a message, I would hear the "whoop" sound and then the crackle.

I have tried your suggestion to clear the bluetooth list and re-paired with my MacBook Pro, but the problem still persists. I have created an audio to simulate the problem and uploaded it here. Please be noted that the crackle doesn't sound 100% of the time, and this simulation is just something I created in GarageBand, not an actual recording.

Thank you for your help

Hi Sothyrith

Thanks for the update!  

This is definitely not normal behavior.  I would recommend contacting your local support team by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page.  

Warm Regards,

Tony A