FelixBernhard
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

QC35 - strange behavior of play/pause button with iOS

Hi, when I pause my music (play/pause button on the headphones itself or in iOS) while another sound source is playing (e.g. Instagram or the keyboard clicks) everything gets muted for some time, until my QC35 starts to recognize the sounds again. They do not power of, they just won't play any sound. It is definitly a firmware issue, as other bluetooth speaker don't behave like this. Was this change made by design in the newest update? I suppose the "pause now"-message which is either sent to or received by the headphone now includes another message which is something like "user pressed pause, better mute everything now".

5 REPLIES 5
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35 - strange behavior of play/pause button with iOS

FelixBernhard,

Thanks for the post. Could we ask if its possible for you to try it on another mobile device for troubleshooting? It would aid us to see if what you are describing is consistent over multiple platforms.

Let us know

Tony

FelixBernhard
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

I've tried it on two iOS devices and on an iMac. Same issue with all three devices. The issue is not present on my Windows computer when pausing e.g. Spotify or iTunes. Background sounds keep playing normally. Unfortunately, I currently don't have access to an Android based device to test it.

As far as I can remember, the issue was not occurring with my QC35 running the last firmware when connected to my iPhone, but I don't know exactly, since when it behaves like this.

shutupandshave
Participant
Registered since

Jun 29, 2017

Same here

FelixBernhard
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

This issue got fixed in the latest firmware
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

FelixBernhard

Thanks for posting. You are correct, that issue was addressed with our latest update 1.3.2. More information can be found here.

Come back and let us know if you need anything else!

Tony