dreserd
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

QC35 switches audio to muted app

I use my QC35 while it's paired both with my Windows 10 PC and my Android 7.0 smartphone. I frequently play a game on my smartphone (Fire Emblem Heroes), and I have this app completely muted in its settings. However, even though the app is muted, the QC35 keeps switching audio focus to my smartphone.

Is there anything that can be done to avoid this?

3 REPLIES 3
Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Re: QC35 switches audio to muted app

Hi dreserd!

Thanks for reaching out with your concern!  I wanted to clarify a detail here, what do you mean when you say "the QC35 keeps switching audio focus to my smartphone."

Thanks!

Shiloh_C

dreserd
Participant
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

As I understand it, when the QC35 is paired with a PC and a smartphone, it will switch to whichever device is playing audio. When using this app, even though it is completely muted, the headphones will treat it as though my smartphone is playing audio.

For an example use case: I am watching a youtube video on my PC. I open Fire Emblem Heroes (which had already been muted) on my smartphone. The audio from the youtube video keeps playing uninterrupted. The youtube video ends, and I start to play a second youtube video on my PC. At this point, the second youtube video has no audio. The QC35 is instead "playing audio" from the muted app on my smartphone. If I close the app on my phone, the audio switches back to my PC, and the youtube audio comes through.

I hope that explains everything clearly, and I appreciate any help.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey dreserd,

Thanks for your quick response and that information, that's very helpful.  You are right - that is exactly how the headphones should behave when connected to two devices, they default to whichever device is outputting audio.  I'm thinking let's start by clearing the paired devices list on the headphones.  To do that you slide the power button over to the far right near the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared".  At this point, you can "forget" the headphones from paired devices on both your phone and PC and reconnect each one.  Give this a try and let me know if it helps?

Thanks!

Shiloh_C