Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bhonder
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

Re: QC35 white noise/hiss

@Shiloh_C

I'm glad to help. I love those headphone and I would like to get the most out of them. Tomorrow I will try to reach the local costumer service.

To clarify: is it supposed to exist a little backgroud noise or should it be total silence like the non-existence from Dr.Who? Because, as now, I am more than pleased of the silence generated by yours amazing headphones.

To make a distinction: even without your headphones I ear a little, subtle, whistle. I guess it's because we live in the city, we are not in our twenties anymore, and by the evening ears get tired.

But i actually own an Xperia phone along with it's noise cancelling in-ear (here's the link: https://www.sonymobile.com/global-en/products/accessories/digital-noise-cancelling-headset-mdr-nc31e... ), and when I wear them I almost ear nothing: a very little wistle and quite a small hiss. It's not worth to be told that they do not cancel the noise as yours...

Just explain a little about what I should ear bucause I am not much into acoustic science.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hey Bhonder,

I'm really glad that you enjoy the headphones so much, we definitely want you to be able to enjoy them fully.  Let me know how it goes with customer support?  I would recommend calling them.

And as far as I know, there isn't supposed to be a hissing sound with the headphones, I use QC35s in the office most days and I haven't experienced anything like that.  When I use them what I typically hear on the high setting is the silence that almost feels like a bit of pressure on your ears and my surroundings are greatly muffled, but no whistling or hissing.

I asked a couple coworkers and they reported the same, no extra sounds coming from the headphones.

I hope this helped answer your question,

Shiloh_C

Bhonder
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

@Shiloh_C

Hello Shiloh,

I reached your Italian local support fellows and explained the situation. They told me that an hiss it's not normal and decided to send me a new pair of headphones, to be sure to clear doubts.

They've set a pick up and exchange service for me. Bose's service quality is set between wonderful and amazing.

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi Bhonder,

Thank you for the update!  I'm so glad to hear that you're pleased with the service you receive, we strive to give our customers the best service we can and we appreciate your feedback.  

Come back and let us know how the new pair is doing if you can?

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

Bhonder
Contributor
Registered since

Aug 10, 2017

@Shiloh_C

I just received a new pair of QC35 in substitution of the one with the hiss.Now almost every noise has gone.

There is a very, very, little hiss but I have to admit that technical support was right: the previous ones had a much louder noise than this and was a good idea to replace them.

Amazing Bose personnel!

Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Hi @Shiloh_C,
Can you tell me please when You said
« When I use them what I typically hear on the high setting is the silence that almost feels like a bit of pressure on your ears », is it normal to feel that the pressure kinda starts to fade out with time, i don’t know if that’s just my mind playing tricks on me, because the pressure i felt the first time i used them is not as now, and when i m traveling and using them, i don’t hear the sound of the bus engine and it’s amazing :), but if a baby starts crying or a car horned while passing by i can hear those voices, not as loud as they are really but i can still hear them. Is that normal ? And i am sorry if those questions are already discussed here, Thank you
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Nr.Anas.

Thanks for posting. What you are describing sounds normal. The pressure you are feeling is different for each person.  As far as the level of noises you are hearing goes, ANC is engineered to work best on ambient noises, things like traffic, air conditioning, etc. Short abrupt noises like you describe, a car horn or a baby crying should be softer but might not filter out entirely.

Hope that helped

Tony 

Nr.Anas
Collaborator
Registered since

Sep 20, 2017

Hi @Tony_G,

Thank you so much for the explanation, they are really great on canceling the engine’s noise, i was amazed when i took them off and heard the noisy sounds next to me and from which i didn’t hear anything when i was putting on the QC35 pair,

Thanks again for your answer
Have a good day
Beef_
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

It’s maybe a bit late but I just bought the QC35 ll
and payed 500$ for it. Did I really pay 500 dollars to make it sound like its constantly raining in my ears. Do I need to replace them? It’s probably a false with the headphone sice I still can hear the white noice even if im not connected to my phone.
Beef_
Participant
Registered since

Jan 22, 2018

I’ve tried resetting them and all that bs, the worst part is that I didn't have that problem before the software update.