Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

QC35II Audio issues for 1-2 seconds Intermittently // User Experience & Comments

I recently purchased the Bose QC35II headphones and for some reason about 10-15 times a day the audio will dissapear and glitch up for maybe 1-2 seconds max but every few songs it happens alteast once.

HW/SW:

Bose QC35II (3.1.8)

Hauwei Mate20 9.0.0.126 (Bluetooth 5.0)

Spotify 8.4.79.630

I can't seem to explain this one, the songs are cached offline so im sure its just a glitch somewhere.

Is anyone else experienceing a similar kind of issue hardware / spotify?

(The cominbation of items are quite expensive, i would expect it to be better and i'm a little dissapointed with this part) 

No issues pairing the headphones with the phone itself, calls work reasonably well.

I had an issue pairing the headphones with the connect app, ended up reinstalling the app with the headphones un-paired via bluetooth ( twice consecutivley reinstalled ) to get the headphones to connect.

Still had to connect the headphones with bluetooth manually in the phone before the connect app would pair them.

I also have to run no noise cancelling alot if there is any sort of wind or breeze as this comes through rather loud.

I was kind of expecting a little less static/noise with low volume music ( anything under half volume. ) - even with noise cancelling off.

Having the multi-function button to adjust the noise cancelling is a fantastic idea.

Thoughts, comments & suggestions apperciated.

Leon

9 REPLIES 9
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: QC35II Audio issues for 1-2 seconds Intermittently // User Experience & Comments

Hi, interest in the response on this, as i am suffering a similar issue. On Bluetooth, the sound cuts out for a half second or so, perhaps every 10-20 seconds or so while playing music through iPhone. Most frustrating.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 19, 2018

Re: QC35II Audio issues for 1-2 seconds Intermittently // User Experience & Comments

Hi, interest in the response on this, as i am suffering a similar issue. On Bluetooth, the sound cuts out for a half second or so, perhaps every 10-20 seconds or so while playing music through iPhone. Most frustrating.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 18, 2018

Have you tried my trick to pair with connect app and update to latest firmware from August?

It's a really good idea to try several things you can think of to see if you can eliminate the issue or isolate it down to some root cause.

What model iPhone do you have?

Turn off notification sounds as this will sometimes pause the music /exit all apps from runtime or disable notifications and background apps manually for testing purposes.

You could also try:
1. 10 seconds on Bluetooth pair button to delete history and re sync with connect app too.

2. Spotify/soundcloud/YouTube/calls

3. Headphones on another device (TV, ps4, friends device.

4. WiFi vs 3g?

5. Airplane mode with Bluetooth only.

6. Maybe someone else is trying to pair with your headphones.

My issue is so intermittent its much harder to know if anything I have done is helping.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Jun 6, 2018

Hello Kyne73! Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community.

I am sorry to hear that's happening! You've gotten some great troubleshooting tips from @leon924s. I might reinforce that you should make sure your headphones are only connected to one device (out of a possible two) which will ensure that your headphones are not receiving conflicting input streams that often results in skipping like you describe. 

Let us know what you find! 

Best Regards,

Greg - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Hi,

Similar issue, I use my QC 35 II to connect to my iPod & iPhone and occasionally to my iPad. No other devices are connected, issue happens with online music and in cached mode (iPod doesnt have internet).

5G at home wifi and 4G on the mobile network both have the issue. This is an every day problem and doesnt seem to stop.

Firmware has the latest version, I have done all the troubleshooting recommended in this forum and previous forums but the issue still persists.

Can we please get an update that specifically targets this problem as it seems to be the most persistent, exasperating and unswerving issue I've had with my headphones.

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Hi Bose,

I havent had a response to my question yet.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi vaishbshyaam,

Thanks for reaching out. Sorry for the delay in response. You mention that you have tried the troubleshooting posted on this forum, but could I ask:

• Does this issue happen when paired with one device(preferably your mobile device) only? '

Please come back and let us know.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 21, 2018

Thank you for the response, Tony. Yes and No, but Predominantly when it’s connected to my phone & iPod. Sometimes also when just connected to one of them. I’ve recently been connecting my headphones with just my mobile (not iPod) and the frequency of the intermittent connections have decreased, haven’t stopped though. Hope this helps.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Nov 8, 2018

The disturbance of the sound, in my opinion, does not last as long when connected to my Honor 9.
I would express it more in milliseconds.
But is at least long enough to spoil the pleasure of listening ...
When the Honor 9 is connected to the audio system in my car, there are no problems.
At home I also use the CQ35II connected to Windows 10pc (build 1809) together with my son, who also owns a CQ35II and also uses it for his Windows 10 (Build 1803) system.
We both use the same USB v4.0 bluetooth (Hama) class 1 adapter.
Never a problem with the sound when I play music with WMP and also connected with Honor 9 for the execution or reception of telephone calls.

Q: Does this issue happen when paired with one device(preferably your mobile device) only?

Yes

When connected to one device (turning off Bluetooth on the device that is not being used to listen to music) when both devices are nearby, it improves the number of interruptions, but they are certainly not completely excluded.
In short, never a problem when listening to music with PC (Bose Qc35II, not connected LE!)
Usually a problem when I listen to music with Honor 9, but not always.
The Honor 9 has its own will to choose a connection. I always prefer the standard Bose connection, but the honor 9 switches over from time to time to LE Bose outside of my will.
I prefer the standard Bose connection because it works so well on my Windows 10 system and why should I add another connection if the functions I use already work fine
Listening to music and making phone calls.
Not at the same time, but I do not need that anyway.

Regards,

Erik