Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

QC35II multi-function button error

I have just got a pair of QC35II for about 2 weeks, and I am very satisfied with almost everything. However these couple days I have found that the multi-function button is not always working:

After a while of usage the multi-function button would stop responding to presses except long press. It won't play or pause music or fast forward or rewind, until I long press it and hear the voice prompt of "To talk to me or ask me a question...". And even then after a while this scenario would happen all over again. However if the music was playing it would not stop. The duration before it stopped working also seems to be random.

I have updated to the newest firmware and bose connect app (as of 1st Aug 2018), set up the google assistant, my phone is a Huawei Mate 10 Pro on Android 8.0. Does anyone have the same problem and know how to fix it or should I send it back to have it fixed?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Re: QC35II multi-function button error

Hello clemfong

Thanks for posting in the community!  Sorry to hear about the troubles, but would be glad to help!

Have you been able to test this with a different mobile device like an Apple product or another Android device?

Have you been able to clear the memory of the headset by holding the power button forward for about 10 seconds until the voice prompt indicates the list is cleared? Also remove the headset from the mobile device's memory as well?

Let us know so we can help resolve the issue!

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support 

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 1, 2018

Re: QC35II multi-function button error

Hello Tony_A,

I have followed your instruction and reset everything, and my phone is the only connected device now, things have improved but however occasionally it still happens. One additional note is that my default music player is spotify.