Highlighted
mumblessenior
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

QC35i microphone very quiet

On my QC35i's whenever I make a call from my Mac or my phone (oneplus 3t) (both using bluetooth) the microphone level is very low.

I have to almost shout for the person on the other end to hear me at all.

This has happened since I bought them several months ago.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: QC35i microphone very quiet

Hello mumblessenior,

We thank you for posting to the community. Sorry to hear about the difficulty you're experiencing. 

Can you verify that the volume levels are reasonably up your Mac and phone during phone calls and also the volume on the recipients end? 

Can you please also test a phone call when paired with only one device? For example, try pairing with just the phone and remove the headphones from the Mac. 

Please let us know your findings when you get the chance. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

mumblessenior
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Hi Moshin,

Can you verify that the volume levels are reasonably up your Mac and phone during phone calls and also the volume on the recipients end? - When I change from the headset to just my phone there is no issue, also on my Mac when I change from my headphone mic to the Mac mic but keep using the headset audio it is fine.

Can you please also test a phone call when paired with only one device? For example, try pairing with just the phone and remove the headphones from the Mac - I have tried this but again no luck, when I first got the headphones it was only connected to my phone and I had the same issue.

Is there a chance the mic could be faulty on the headphones?

Thanks,

joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Two things to try just to make sure you have tried it:

1. Hit the up/+ button on your QC35i a gazillion times until you hear the beep

2. Try using the QC35i for another VOIP (Voice Over IP) application such as Skype and see if you can get it heard better.  Then also try using a voice recording app on either your phone or mac or both and then listen to see if you hear things OK.  If it still is not loud enough, the problem could be with the QC35i.

Also we are assuming that the mic from your QC35i is being used for your apps and not the mic on your mac or phone.  But you will want to confirm that to make sure you are traveling down the road you think you are.

mumblessenior
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Hi Joe,

Thanks but no luck!

1. Hit the up/+ button on your QC35i a gazillion times until you hear the beep - I tried this and then rang my girlfriend upstairs but she couldn't hear me, I tried this when connected to only my OnePlus 3T and also my Iphone 8.

2. Try using the QC35i for another VOIP (Voice Over IP) application such as Skype and see if you can get it heard better.  Then also try using a voice recording app on either your phone or mac or both and then listen to see if you hear things OK.  If it still is not loud enough, the problem could be with the QC35i. - I have used Skype, Zoom , WebEx, and all have the same issue, on all these devices I can specifically choose the 'headphone microphone' and no one can hear me. When I tried using a voice recorder app on both phones it just uses the phone microphone. 

Looks like it's an issue with the headphones, my colleague has them and regularly uses them with Zoom.

Thanks,

Hey @mumblessenior Thank you for trying those steps and giving us an update. If you feel that your headphones are not functioning correctly, your best bet would be to get in touch with our service team in your region who can help you get back up and running again. 

Contact information can be found here.

Let us know how everything works out for you. 

Thank you,

Mohsin