Highlighted
gabygab3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

QC35ii Bluetooth Audio delay

Hi,

When I watch videos or play games with my bluetooth qc35ii, there's a very noticable delay between the video and the sound I hear. If someone is talking, the lips won't be in sync with the sound. In general, I reveive the sound maybe half a second after it's been made. 

I think it's worse on my lenovo y50-70 laptop.

Is there something I could do to make it better?
Things I tried:

Reset the headphones

Update every driver

Download bluetooth driver from lenovo.

The firmware of the headphones are up to date.

If I plug in my headphones, there's no delay. Only on bluetooth. I don't want to have to plug the headphones either.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Pilou42
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Re: QC35ii Bluetooth Audio delay

Author Accepted Answer selected by gabygab3

Try with a BT dongle. There's a good chance the BT of your motherboard is bad.

41 REPLIES 41
Pilou42
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by gabygab3

Try with a BT dongle. There's a good chance the BT of your motherboard is bad.

gabygab3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

I might try it, but there's some delay on my Google Pixel phone as well, so it must be the headphones then.

Hi gabygab3!

Thank you for providing so much detail in your post, that's very helpful,  It sounds like you've done a ton of troubleshooting there, that's great.  I have one more thing to add, let's try clearing the pairing list on the headphones.  To clear the list you'll want to slide the power switch all the way to the right towards the Bluetooth symbol and hold it there until you hear a voice prompt letting you know that the list is cleared, this should take about 10 seconds.  At this point make sure to delete the headphones from your device's paired list as well, then you can reestablish the connection.   Give that a test and see if it helped the issue,

If clearing the pairing list doesn't help then I would suggest reaching out to customer support here to discuss options for an exchange, we want you to be able to enjoy your headphones fully and that does not seem like they're performing as they should. 

Give me an update if you get the chance, I hope this helps.

Take care,

Shiloh_C 

gabygab3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

Unfortunately, it hasn't really helped, there's still a very noticeable delay. I doubt it's my specific headphones' fault and I think the whole serie must have a delay, since I tested another pair and they did the same thing.

While I'm there, I have another problem which might be possible to solve.

I paired my qc35ii to my Google Pixel and everythings works fine, but once I turn the headphones off and on again, they don't automatically connect to my phone and I have to open the Bose app and wait (what seems like forever) for them to connect again. Sometimes I have to restart the app for it to work. My Apple Airpods always connect automatically to my phone whenever I open them, so why must I open the app to connect my qc35 everytime I turn them on? At twice the price, I'd expect them to be better than the airpods. 

For that problem, I tried everything in this thread, like reseting, re-pairing, updating, clearing the pairing list, etc.

Thank you.

lee789
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

I do not have this delay problem between the sound and the image on a video on my PC.

I use BT dongle.

And my QC 35 II automatically connect to my phone and tablet without problems.

gabygab3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

Could you Share what model you are using please?
lee789
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

modele ? phone ? BT dongle ? other ?

gabygab3
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 7, 2017

The BT dongle brand and model please.
lee789
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Nov 13, 2017

BT dongle : ASUS BT 400 bluethoot ( => https://www.asus.com/us/Networking/USBBT400/)