Highlighted
overBecky
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2019

QC35ii Connection problems to MacBook after phone upgrade

I got a pair of QC35ii's about 5 months ago and they worked flawlessly until a couple weeks ago when I decided to upgrade and trade-in my phone. I typically have my headphones setup to connect to both my phone and my Macbook. To get my headphones connected to the new phone, I ended up clearing the bluetooth device list with the power switch, and reconnected the new phone and my macbook. Problem is, now the headphones will say "Connected to your Macbook Pro" and about five seconds later say "Your Macbook Pro disconnected." The only work around I've found is having to fully clear the device list from my headphones every time but that's obviously not an intuitive work around every time I want to use them. Is there something I'm missing? 

Update: On my most recent attempt to clear the device list, I can no longer connect my headset to either my phone or my macbook at all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: QC35ii Connection problems to MacBook after phone upgrade

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello OverBecky,

Thank you very much for trying these methods for us.

How do you choose to connect your headphones? Are you using the Bose Connect App? Are your headphones not being recognised through this also?

You have also previously stated having to clear the Bluetooth list of your headphones in order to connect, do you also clear your computer and Iphone's Bluetooth connection list aside with this? If not I would recommend forgetting the headphones on both devices also and reconnecting to see if you get a positive result from this.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

7 REPLIES 7

Hello OverBecky,

Thank you for your comment and welcome to the community. I am very sorry to hear you're experiencing this issue but I would love to help.

I would firstly suggest performing a product reset. Instruction on how to do this can be found below.

• Turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds
  • Plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds
  • Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute
  • Turn on the headset

I would also check to see that your headphones are up to date with the latest software. If you connect your headphones to your computer via USB and visit THIS LINK and follow the instructions on how to update your headset.

Can you also confirm for me what your new mobile device is you're trying to connect?

Kind regards,

Tegan M - Community Support 

overBecky
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2019

Tegan, 

Checked with the link. My headset is on the latest firmware and the reset didn't seem to have any effect. 

Mobile device is an iPhone XS. At the moment the headphones don't even show up in the "select an accessory" panel even when they're in pairing mode. 

Bose Best Answer selected by Moderator Tegan_M

Hello OverBecky,

Thank you very much for trying these methods for us.

How do you choose to connect your headphones? Are you using the Bose Connect App? Are your headphones not being recognised through this also?

You have also previously stated having to clear the Bluetooth list of your headphones in order to connect, do you also clear your computer and Iphone's Bluetooth connection list aside with this? If not I would recommend forgetting the headphones on both devices also and reconnecting to see if you get a positive result from this.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

overBecky
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2019

Tegan,

I cleared the device list on my macbook and phone and had a positive result on the Macbook. It is now connected and operating fine.

When I try to connect with the phone, I use the BoseConnect App. The headset photo appears, but when I slide it down and get the "Select an Accessory" screen, nothing shows up. The headphones also do not show up on the phone's default bluetooth connection screen with my other bluetooth devices.

Hello OverBecky,

Can you please Uninstall and reinstall the app?

Also I would suggest rebooting your mobile device to see if this provides any improvements.

Kind regards,

Tegan M 

overBecky
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 8, 2019

Tegan,

Uninstalling and re-installing the app was unsucessful, however I re-did all of the steps above (cleared bluetooth device lists on all devices) and restarted my phone before re-installing the app and that seems to have done the trick. Appreciate you working through that with me! 

Hello overBecky,

Thank you for this update! I am so happy to hear you have managed to get this working.

If you experience any other issues, please get back in touch we would love to help.

Kind regards,

Tegan M