peter84st
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

QC35ii Phone Call Issues on iPhone7 with Google-Assistant

Hi there,                   Sunday  2018-09-09 09:00 AEST
I have read topic 
https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/QC-35-Phone-Call-Issues/m-p/70932
and have the same issues.  To summarise:
1. When making or receiving phone calls, you press “Phone > Audio” on the iPhone and select QC35ii, but it keeps dropping back to iPhone, after about 5 seconds.
2. Sometimes the QC35ii does connect, but the other party reports my voice as very choppy.  I can hear them fine however.

Have found that “Forgetting” the LE-BoseQC35ii, under “iPhone > Settings > Bluetooth” enables phone calls to work.  Leave Bluetooth connect to "Bose QC 35 II" of course.  Close the App “Google Assistant”.

Disappointed that the moderator closed off topic “QC-35-Phone-Call-Issues” with a link to QC35 and QC30 for communication , which the latter, only addresses other phone call issues. These problems are for QC35ii only.

Have also set the Call Audio Routing to Bluetooth Headset, as per the below, but problem persists.
-Settings > General > Accessibility --- Scroll down to interaction section

> Call Audio Routing > Choose headset  -Changed from Automatic to Bluetooth Headset

https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Answering-phone-with-QC35II/td-p/102522

Have tried testing with a friend's QC35(series 1) and their iPhone.  They have no such problems making phone calls.

The QC35ii is on latest firmware: 3.1.8.

I have contacted Bose Support 6 times, but all they seem to be interested in is replacing the headset, not escalating the problem to technical support.

The problem was first reported 9 months ago.  Is Bose making any progress on fixing the issue?  I was hoping for a fix in firmware 3.1.8.
-- 

Regards, Peter

2 REPLIES 2
peter84st
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

Re: QC35ii Phone Call Issues on iPhone7 with Google-Assistant

Installed iOS 12 on iPhone and it seems to be working fine now.

I had had the Google Assistant not set up on my QC35ii, but decided to try again.
Got Google Assistant all set up and can now make phone calls OK, with it set up.
-- 

Regards, Peter.

peter84st
Contributor
Registered since

Jul 29, 2018

Re: QC35ii Phone Call Issues on iPhone7 with Google-Assistant

The iPhone iOS-12 update only fixes the problem of it changing Audio from QC35ii to iPhone during phone call, and trying to select QC35ii keeps dropping back to iPhone.

The problem of choppy voice continues to happen if you have more than 1 Bluetooth device connected.  So when in a phone call run the Bose app and disconnect the other device, such as your iPad, PC or Mac.