Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2018

QC35ii bluetooth stuttering/skipping

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing millisecond skipping?

I tried on my s9+ and iPhone 8 and it happens on both devices.

I suspect is has something to do with the firmware updates.

It never happened on the factory firmware but as soon as I updated to 2.5.4 boom the problem occurs so frequently that it ruins the listening experience

Rolled back to 2.2.1 and the problem is present there aswell.

Most recently Bose remove all firmwares minus the current and previous.

This is highly frustrating as I want to go back to the factory firmware or atleast any word from BOSE about a firmware update to fix this.

I have received a replacement and very tempted to get 3rd but this issue makes these headphones usuable.

7 REPLIES 7
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35ii bluetooth stuttering/skipping

Hi NKupo,

Thanks for reaching out to the community. I am sorry to hear about that. Could I ask a few questions? 

• Have you tried clearing the pairing list by sliding and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"?
  • If that doesn't help, have you tried rebooting the headphones?

To reboot the headphones

• Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
    Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
    Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
    Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

I know it may seem simple, but I've seen it work before. 

Hav a great day!

Tony G - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Jul 30, 2018

I have the same issue with my QC35II. The Bluetooth connection is unstable. and I'm on my second set of QC35. The later one had the same problem, but was returned.

Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Stenbjerg,

Thanks for chiming in. It is unusual for 2 different headphones to have the same issue. Let's see what we can do. Could I ask a few questions? 

• Have you tried the troubleshooting steps that I posted?
  • Would it be possible for you to try your headphones on another device for troubleshooting?

Please come back and let us know when you can.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

I am having same issue.  I have tried steps noted above. Problem started when updated to fw 3.1.8

Details:
QC35ii

LG G7 Android Phone (8.0)

Whenever headphones are paired with 2 devices (laptop and phone for example), bluetooth audio stutters while streaming audio (Spotify for example).  Disconnecting one of the devices resolves the issue.  

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi MobRilla

Thanks for posting in the community!  

Thank you for helping to narrow down the issue.  When you have two devices connected to the headset, do you notice the stuttering happening from both devices?  

Warm Regards,

Tony A 

Participant
Registered since

Aug 16, 2018

Hi Tony,

Sorry for the slow reply. When I do hear stuttering when playing music from laptop, if I pause or transfer music playing to my LG G7, the stuttering goes away.  I can then transfer music back to laptop and there is no longer stuttering. I do not know if the reverse is true (start music on phone, then transfer to laptop, then back to phone).

Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Mar 15, 2018

Hi MobRilla

Thanks for replying back! 

Would it be possible to test this with two different mobile devices and hold off on the laptop.  I'm curious to see if one specific device is causing this stuttering issue.  Also, when connected to the LG and laptop, does the stuttering happen immediately, or does it take time for the issue to occur?  

Let us know so we can further assist!

Warm Regards,

Tony A