KurtB
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

QC35ii can't clear Bluetooth device list, can't connect to Bose Updater

Please help!!! Had my QC35ii connected to an iPhone8 for about a year. Yesterday upgraded to iPhone11Pro. Can't connect headphones to new phone. I am unable to get my headphones to get into pairing mode.

- No matter how many times I turn on & slide button to "Bluetooth" for 10+ seconds the Bluetooth indicator light never turns blue (stays flashing white) and never receive any blue tooth voice prompts (if anything, all it says is that it is looking for my old phone)

- Turning on & sliding button to "Bluetooth" for 10+ seconds does not clear device list 

- Turning on & sliding button to "Bluetooth" for 10+ seconds does not put headphones into pairing mode

- Headphones unable to find new iPhone

- Bose app on new iPhone does not recognize headphones

- Unable to get Bose Updater app to recognize headphones when connected via cable to computer.

3 REPLIES 3
Keith_L
Community Manager

Re: QC35ii can't clear Bluetooth device list, can't connect to Bose Updater

Hi KurtB,

Thank you for joining us in the community! I would be happy to help you get your headphones up and running with your new phone.

It sounds like you have done some great troubleshooting with them already so thank you for doing that and letting us know. It certainly is strange that you are unable to clear the pairing list or update the headphones.

What I would recommend you do next is reset your headphones. To do this what you would want to do is:

• Power off your headphones.
  • Wait 30 seconds.
  • Connect your headphones to a wall outlet using a USB charger.
  • Wait five seconds.
  • Disconnect the USB cable from the headset.
  • Wait one minute.
  • Power on your headphones.

Once this is complete try putting your headphones in pairing mode and connectin them to your new phone.

Let me know how this goes.

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
KurtB
Participant
Registered since

Mar 18, 2020

Hello Kieth,

Thank you so much for taking a stab at my problem. Unfortunately, it did not resolve the issue -- I followed your instructions very carefully and attempted the procedure 5 times with the same result ast before. After disconnecting the cable & waiting the full minute:

- sliding the button all the way past "on" to the "bluetooth" function does nothing.

- the bluetooth indicator light never turns blue

- releasing the fully slid button and allowing it to slide back to "on" results in the headset turning on 

- the indicator light turns green and the voice prompts "looking for [my old iPhone]" two times... then nothing

I should perhaps mention that I paired my headphones to my old iPhone immediately after I bought the headset (it was very easy), but I have never successfully been able to break the connection to my old phone... I tried once or twice to pair my headset to my computer, but gave up because I encountered this problem every time. I've never actually been able to get my headset into Bluetooth pairing mode.

Thanks again for your help
Kurt

Jeff_G

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

That certainly isn't normal behavior. Moving forward, I would encourage you to try the following: 

Update the firmware

On a computer, visit this link. Follow the on-screen instructions, and if any updates are available, please install them. 

Retry the reset

If you updated, any firmware-based errors should have corrected, so resetting may yield a different result this time. 

Seek service

If updating fails to resolve the problem, I would suggest getting in touch with local support to discuss your options for service. Details can be found here.

Thanks!

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!