Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

QC35ii charging led issue

When my 3 months old qc35ii completely shut down after the battery is at 0%, I turn the switch off & charge using a good LG charger.
The led blinks orange normally but after 20-30 minutes, it becomes solid green which is not correct.
I remove the cable & put it back again & it starts blinking orange normally.
This can happen once or twice everytime battery is 0%
It's really annoying. I'm in the latest available firmware. Please fix
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Re: QC35ii charging led issue

Hello FullmetalJun,

Thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about the trouble you have charging your headset. We recommend that you use a Bose branded USB power supply to charge your Bose devices. Any charger with the following power requirements should be okay, however: 5 V DC, 1 A. You should be able to get a Bose wall charger through your local Bose Support

Let's also try resetting your headset:

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let us know how everything works out for you.

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

Thank you!
I'll try it when my battery becomes low
Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

Hi!
When my battery reached less than 10% (led blinking red), I did the steps u mentioned which didn't seem to make any difference.
I then plugged the qc35ii to my charger & it was blinking orange like normal while charging, but then started blinking red. I had to turn off my charger & then turn it on again for it to blink orange again.
I don't know what's happening
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi FullmetalJunm

Thanks for responding and trying the reset. I would probably, at this time contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Animated Arbiter
Registered since

Mar 10, 2018

It's not that much of a big deal & I think it's more of a software bug tbh. I just turn off the charger & then turn it back on again for it to become normal. My headphones battery life is normal. So I'll live with it.
A local company franchises Bose in my country & I don't like dealing with them since they charge twice or thrice the normal price for any Bose product or service.
I bought my qc35ii from an official Bose store in Dubai & not from my local greedy store.
Thanks for your help