Highlighted
Maggs
Silent Starter
Registered since

Dec 25, 2018

QC35ii stuttering/drop outs while in pocket

Hi,
I just bought a pair of Triple Midnight QC35iis on 12/24/18. While walking the dog, there was stuttering every minute or two when I had it inside of my sweatpant pocket, and every few minutes when holding it in my hand at my side. When i pressed my hand against my phone while it was in my pocket, though, the signal started immediately sputtering without fail.
Some other things: I am using a Samsung Galaxy S7 which is cracked in a bunch of places, but I've connected the phone to multiple other bluetooth devices without any stuttering.
I also live next to a small airport, and I have a few other bluetooth devices in the house (my headphones are only paired with Galaxy S7, though).
1 REPLY 1
Community Manager

Re: QC35ii stuttering/drop outs while in pocket

Hi Maggs,

Thanks for writing in!

This particular issue could be due to body interference with the Bluetooth signal.  The Bluetooth chip is in the right ear cup and when you place your hand over the source device or ear cup this could cause drop outs in the signal.  Do you keep your phone in your left/right pocket?  If you feel this is dropping out issue is caused by something else or hardware related, I'd recommend reaching out to your local support team by clicking HERE.  Just select your country and Contact Us at the bottom of the page

Warm Regards,

Tony A - Community Support