Highlighted
Ncastanedan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

QC35ii white noise in the right ear driving me crazy

I've had these headphones for about 2 weeks. I was really impressed with the noise cancelling features and everything was going smoothly.

Since yesterday a lot of noise is comming out from the right ear whenever the NC it's either high or low.

I can hear the noise changing if I touch the connect switch but it never seems to go away... it's driving me nuts, the whole point for me getting these headphones was avoiding external noise to concentrate better.... now I can't concentrate at all with the noise comming from the headphones. Smiley Mad ....

I did the recommended resetting routine posted in here but no effect whatsoever.

Anything else to do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Ncastanedan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Re: QC35ii white noise in the right ear driving me crazy

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ncastanedan

At last!!! It's been solved!!

Finally I got an email from the office in Barcelona telling me that Bose had authorized to make the exchange and validate the warranty.

I picked up the new headphones yesterday. Oh, what a difference!!

Thanks to the team here for making it happen Smiley Wink . After the initial response from the local Bose representative I wasn't sure at all that a solution would come.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Ncastanedan,

Thanks for posting. That does sound frustrating. Could I ask a few questions to try and assist?

• Does this issue happen only when paired to a device? Or even when not paired to anything?
  • If the issue only happens when paired to your mobile device, have you tried clearing the Bluetooth pairing list and re pairing?

To clear the headset memory of previously paired Bluetooth® devices:

• Power on your headset, then slide and hold the Power switch toward the Bluetooth icon for about 10 seconds until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared."

If you find that the issue occurs whether or not you are paired to anything and seems to change when you hit the switch on the headphones, I would recommend contacting your local support team for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your region, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Ncastanedan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

No luck after clearing the list of paired devices.  The noise it's there wether paired or not, actually it gets worth if I even touch the switch for pairing. If I press it a bit it stops, sometimes for a long time. Still it's bothersome and somewhat dissapointing given the high price tag Smiley Frustrated  ....

I guess I will try to get in contact with the local repair center.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi Ncastanedan,

Thanks for updating us. Let us know how it works out for you.

Regards,

Tony G

Highlighted
Ncastanedan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Well, so far no solution.

The noise sometimes is better or can be a lot worse.

I contacted the representant here in Spain. They told me to go to the store.

Sadly I threw the reciept, and in the store (FNAC, Barcelona) aren't too willing to search a copy of the reciept in their end.

So, I'm stuck. With no ANC features on, they work ok though.

In any case, I know I won't be buying these kind of articles on store anymore. Overall the post selling customer service has been much worst than whenever I've had a problem with an online purchase.

Overall the headphones lasted about 2 weeks working properly.

Ncastanedan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Still no solution so far.

Here in the forum messages they keep telling me that according to fabrication date as checked through the SN they ARE in warranty.

The team in Spain (Barcelona) tells me that without a reciept or similar prove of purchase they are unable to provide warranty service.

Now, been new headphones I (naively) thought, worse case scenario, something would be loose, and repair will cost me some extra money.

So I asked the service here in Barcelona. They (promply) call me to tell me that Bose it's not providing service for headphones , but I can choose to purchase a new ones at a discount price. The discount price was 189.50 euros handling over the failing headphones too.

I'm left with no options, but to turn off the ANC for good?? Or paying a "discount price" to replace headphones on warranty?

Highlighted
Ncastanedan
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Feb 9, 2019

Author Accepted Answer selected by Ncastanedan

At last!!! It's been solved!!

Finally I got an email from the office in Barcelona telling me that Bose had authorized to make the exchange and validate the warranty.

I picked up the new headphones yesterday. Oh, what a difference!!

Thanks to the team here for making it happen Smiley Wink . After the initial response from the local Bose representative I wasn't sure at all that a solution would come.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Feb 26, 2019

Hi Ncastandan, 

Thank you for the update, we are please to hear that you have got your replacement headphones.

If you have any further questions or issues, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Many thanks

Leon_C - Community Support