Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brammers69
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

Qc 35 II Noise cancellation not working

I got these new headphones yesterday, noise cancellation worked perfect yesterday, turned them on today and it's not working, my options of off, low & high just seem to be different types of hearing everything, I'm 90% charged.
12 REPLIES 12
NeilGC
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 27, 2018

Re: Qc 35 II Noise cancellation not working

Brammers69
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

It says I'm on 5 2 1 not 2 5 1
Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello Brammers69!

Welcome and thank you for reaching out to us here. The noise cancelation not working at all is different than what is being discussed in the above-referenced link. So let’s work on this and try to figure this out.

Can you confirm the firmware version of your headset through the Bose Connect app? Have you also tried rebooting the headset? 

To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Please let me know your findings when you get the chance!

Thank you,

Mohsin - Community Support.

Brammers69
Participant
Registered since

Apr 12, 2018

Hi I'm on 2-5-1 and I've done the reboot a few times and it's still no different, when I've got noise cancellation set to high I can still here everything around me.
Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

Stop complaining please. Your QC35 works like the charm. You are just victim of the internet malediction.
Read the message from Bose and stop complaining.

More seriously, of course you are right. those QC35 are temperamental, especially after firmware update. But Bose will never recognize it.
Hoston
Participant
Registered since

Mar 23, 2018

Same here.

First week noise cancellation was UNREAL.

Now I can hear everything, can't see any difference between High and Off.

JennyG
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 19, 2018

Was just forced to upgrade from 2.2.1 to 2.5.1 and ANC is exactly the same - still doesn't work. QC35 ii is still a 450$ piece of junk worth less than the awesome hardcase it comes in.

Why didn't I get the Sonys?! or Plantronics? or a pair of potatos with a rubberband?! 

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

@Brammers69 thank you for getting back. If you get a chance to take a look at our ANC troubleshooting guide, you might find it helpful. Please also consider the environment around you when using the headset. It is not designed to cancel 100% of sound. The noise canceling is most effective in environments with lots of low-frequency "droning" type sounds. If you still feel that your headset is not functioning properly, I encourage you to contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where it says "contact us". 

Thank you, brammers69.

Also, I sense that this thread is getting a bit out of hand and this is not fair for the original poster. 

I would like to kindly remind everyone a few our community guidelines that I've listed below:

Be respectful and constructive.
Respect people's time and attention by asking well-thought-out questions and sharing what you've learned so far in your experimentation or prior research. Respect people as individuals by keeping your tone positive and your comments constructive. Calls for lawsuits, firing of employees or other excessively negative comments will be edited or removed. Repeated violations could result in temporary suspension or permanent removal from the community. 

Be relevant.
Make sure your contributions are relevant to the mission of the community, to the specific discussion style and topic where you post. Please do not post duplicate messages in different areas of the community to avoid fragmenting discussion. If you have a new question, start a new thread rather than interrupting a conversation. Solicitations are rarely relevant. If you have something you want members to join, participate in, or buy, ask us first.

Thank you all and I encourage you all to continue to actively engage on the community and never hesitate to reach out with your questions!

Be well,

Mohsin

kly
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

I also wish I had bought the potatoes.

There's a distinct difference after the upgrade, whatever Bose is trying to tell us.

I noticed a big difference, THEN came to this forum, THEN saw other people having the same problem, not the other way around.