Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ShivamITF
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 10, 2018

Qc35 ii Firmware 2.5.1 destroys anc.

A lot of people are complaining about this and so the moderators are closing all the post. Why is that ?
8 REPLIES 8
Thelastsamourai
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

Re: Qc35 ii Firmware 2.5.1 destroys anc.

@ShivamITFwrote:
A lot of people are complaining about this and so the moderators are closing all the post. Why is that ?

Yes, why they close the post ?

I downgraded the firmware but still the same issue, It's like the ANC is broken.

SSpark
Enthusiast
Registered since

Mar 1, 2017

Usually these types of threads turn into a company bashing complaint thread and get closed because they are no longer productive. It is not uncommon for companys to close down support forums altogether for this reason. Posts to these forums should remain constructive and helpful to assist the manufacturer in improving and fixing issues with their products. Hard to believe but some people join forums just to start flaming wars.

I do not dispute the fact there may be issues with the ANC but more often than not people are expecting miracles from these kinds of products. They can not block 100% of noises, they are designed to block lower droning type frequencies such as noises from jets and trains. The humane brain has a big part on how a good set of headphones sounds. It is a proven fact we only really hear parts of the sounds around us and the brain fills in the gaps. When you first buy a set of noise cancelling headphones (should be named noise reducing) you are amazed at how well they block noises. When the firmware is updated we have to listen a little closer to see how well the noise cancelling and audio quality have changed. Now that we are listening closer we hear more of the sounds they are "supposed to block". One person posting to these forums with a legitimate claim can create a flood of posts from others that think they have an issue with a perfectly fine working unit. 

miketar
Participant
Registered since

Apr 13, 2018

I decide to create an account to write my opinion, because it's seems to be hilarious that some people think that there is no problem. I bought QC35 II 3 weeks ago and they were amazing. But few days ago in the same condition I start to hear voices from people near me at work, which I didn't hear at all before. The same thing in subway (main reason to buy Bose) it was perfect before one day. I was 100% sure that smthing changed, but I can't understand what happenes and start google and find big thread in this forum - the same feeling from all users (then I find that my device updates to 2.5.1. automatically). I call to the service center in my country and they said that problem is in bluetooth update which somehow change ANC ib a bad way. I think we are all not bots or bought comments from rival companies - we just want to get back our feelings from the best headphones with anc in market. And we ask moderators and programmers to find a bug and make new firmware and that's all. The worst think is that moderators made formal replies like internet providers - try turn off and then on your router...We're not stupid and we don't want to just flame, I write it again - we want to solve that problem and attitude from Bose like we're their best customers and we have problem which they will try to solve.

lelic01
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 29, 2018

Closing the post. Why?

I tried to re-open the post but the same day closed by Bose with the same moderator message that the ANC was not changed, according to the technicians.

Fact is that i don’t feel the pression on me ears anymore and hear much more conversation-sounds and traffic on the streets. This week i was confused, i did not hear a bus passing me at Schiphol airport but than i realised that it was an electro-bus. 😖😡 Too many people have that same feeling, that can not be a coincidence.

Come on Bose, care about you reputation and your paying customers. I hear people talking about choosing the Sony WH1000XM2. Don’t deny there is something wrong and nothing has changed.

Solve the problem an give me the feeling back that i choosed the best headphone.

Bellyup
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 8, 2017

+1
kly
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 17, 2018

Same here ... it must be that there is some disease spreading all over the world where people with a QC35 get delusional about their ANC.

There is nothing wrong with the device itself ... because a technician at Bose says so!

Morph84
Participant
Registered since

Apr 16, 2018

Hello there,

as a new qc 35 II customer, I just would like to share my point of view on the new firmware and the bluetooth stuttering.

First I think it is not a good manner to close the thread were many users experience the same kind of issue after upgrading to the new firmware - maybe Bose should seek out to them and test these headphones?

Personally, I can't tell a big difference because I just tried them at home for 10 minutes and wanted to test them on my first flight. The main reason to buy these headphones was the state of the art noise canceling and I didn't like to Sony in terms of comfort.

The first thing I really dislike is that your headphones get updated automatically by using the App (at least on iOS) (I did not agree to that!) - honestly I think that this is a no-go and uninstalled the app and properly will never use it again. Everybody who has a problem with the NC says that their firmware was upgraded via the app - the few guys updating via the Bose-Website did not seem to be affected. So maybe this should be investigated further. 

After reading several threads I think the NC should filter out the voices of my colleagues at the office and I should be able to hear a difference between the high and low setting - but I don't hear any difference. I just felt a difference from the first time wearing them, this kind of pressure on the ears is not more available after the upgrade - so I think something has changed. I will try to reach out to the Bose local store and hope that they have some headphones with the old firmware to try them and maybe see a difference. Maybe there is one, maybe not - I will have to wait. The NC works well if music plays - but this feature is provided by any headphones 😉 High frequencies or no music playing and just having the NC on high works, but not as good as I expected. Downgrading the firmware made no difference at all. 

But now I come to my main concern with the headphones:

- Video delay: This is really freakin' annoying - watching a movie/youtube video almost a second delay is no fun and with any other (bluetooth) headphones I did not have this problem. Does anybody have a solution to that? And Bose please don't argue that the headphones are not meant to watch movies - or really think that and stay in the 90's. Use cases have changed over the past 2 decades 😉

- most annoying: bluetooth stuttering at the office As soon as I enter the office a very sad episode for the headphones began. We are about 20 people in the office, I just sit with another colleague in an office, next to my office about 8 people are in a large office. It is impossible to get a stable connection to the headphones and my pc (Surface Book 13,5"). I tried every option I could think of: reinstalling and updating bluetooth drivers, disconnecting the phone, reboot the headphones, testing every available firmware. At home or on the train (where I am writing this post) I got no connection issues. Every other bluetooth device works without any issues (cheap 20€ headset(s), Surface pen, etc.). Another experience I could share is the stuttering when walking in a crowded street with some guys wearing a (BT) headset - I just had some stuttering, but not as many as in the office and as soon as I walked to a less populated area the stuttering was gone. I guess there will be no solution, because I only could think of changing the bluetooth hardware, which will be impossible. Maybe a new firmware could solve this issue, but I don't think that a) it will be done and b) it is considered as a bug.

I really think of returning them and buy a non NC & non Bluethooth headset but with a premium sound for a lot less money. If I change the headphones and get one with an old firmware, I will let you know if I could hear/feel a difference, but I have to wait until the weekend to get to the store.

Mohsin_S
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hello friends,

Thank you so much for writing in to share your concerns. We definitely understand where everyone is coming from. We want to ensure you that you are being heard. Reports of a change to the ANC has been a concern that’s been raised in the community after every firmware update since the QC35 Series I was released. We are puzzled by this too because we had our engineers go back and test to confirm that no changes were made to the ANC each time these reports surfaced. We would like to invite you to check out our more in-depth understanding on this here - An ANC Note From Your Community Moderation Team

I also encourage everyone to check out our ANC troubleshooting guide we put together. If you still feel concerned about your headset not functioning properly, please feel free to contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see “contact us”.

I shall be closing this thread to keep the community organized and also because we already have a related discussion on this topic here. If there is a separate topic you would like to discuss, please do not hesitate to create a new thread!

Thank you again and please continue to actively engage in the community and never hesitate to reach out with any questions or concerns!

Take care and have a pleasant one,

Mohsin – Community Support