Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
VDavid22
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Questions around Bluetooth/cable/noise-cancellation

Hi, 

I use these headphones (HC 700) in the office a lot, and would like to use them with the cable. 

The cable seems to be working fine, but i would like to be able to turn off the Bluetooth but keep the cancellation. 

Here are my questions:

1.) Is it possible to have the noise cancellation without the Bluetooth being on (i.e. with the cable)?

2.) How do i tell if the Bluetooth is on/off given that even if it is ON the blue light switches off after 10 seconds?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Tegan_M

Re: Questions around Bluetooth/cable/noise-cancellation

Author Accepted Answer selected by VDavid22

Hi VDavid22, 

Thanks for your questions! 

When you use a cabled connection with the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, this will automatically disable all Bluetooth functionality with your headphones. 

Your headphones functionality will be the same as using Bluetooth, you will still be able to to use noise cancellation. The only difference you will see when using a cabled connection will be is the forward/back, pause/play touch functions will not be active. This is because Bluetooth profiles are used in order to make these commands work, which is disabled once the cable is inserted. 

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Tegan_M

Author Accepted Answer selected by VDavid22

Hi VDavid22, 

Thanks for your questions! 

When you use a cabled connection with the Noise Cancelling Headphones 700, this will automatically disable all Bluetooth functionality with your headphones. 

Your headphones functionality will be the same as using Bluetooth, you will still be able to to use noise cancellation. The only difference you will see when using a cabled connection will be is the forward/back, pause/play touch functions will not be active. This is because Bluetooth profiles are used in order to make these commands work, which is disabled once the cable is inserted. 

I hope this helps. Do let us know if you have any further questions. 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
VDavid22
Participant
Registered since

Mar 3, 2020

Great! Thank you very much