Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Quiet Comfort 20 How to tell if my QC20 is for iPhone or Android?

My friend bought one for me but I can't find out if it's for iPhone or Android without the box (which I've thrown away with a pile of gift wrappers).  How do I tell by looking or do I have to testing its functionalities by pluggin in?  

I am asking because when I plug in the headphone to iPhone 7+ adapters (I tested with two different adapters), I immediately hear rhymstic clicking, sometimes set of beats, and sometimes with static.  Sounds change whenever I switch apps.  UNTIL I press and hold the volumn + or - button then the beats would disppear.  Why is it happening?  Is it because of the wrong device?  Note that I never had this problem using it on multiple laptops or airplane.

Also how do I find the serial number to register this product?

So three questions here.  Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Quiet Comfort 20 How to tell if my QC20 is for iPhone or Android?

Hello klbytec, 

Thanks for reaching out via the Bose Community. 

I would recommend sending a direct message to our social teams on Twitter or Facebook with the 4 digit DOM code for a definitive answer. Please do not add it here for security reasons.

Kind regards, 

Jeff G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2019

Re: Quiet Comfort 20 How to tell if my QC20 is for iPhone or Android?

Thanks, Jeff G.

Their Twitter doesn't allow DM but they have responded on Facebook and has been eager to help.  Don't know the cause yet but we're trying.  Amazing customer service.