RushTX
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 1, 2018

Quiet Comfort 35 Not Connecting or Working Via Wire Connection

About  a month ago, my headphones stopped working via bluetooth.  I use them with my laptop computer only.  They've never been connected or used with anything else.  Since I never could get them to reconnect, I bought a new wire (the original one was lost) to plug them into my computer.  That worked.  Until yesterday.  Now I can't hear anything when they are plugged in via the wire.  And I can't connect to bluetooth.

The bluetooth light on the headphones blinks white.  On the computer when I try to connect, I quickly get the message, Couldn't connect.  Try connecting again.  I've tried everything I can possibly think of, including completely removing the device in settings and holding the button on the headphones for a minute or two.  At one time it said something like, "device cleared," but now it says nothing.  When I unplug it from charging or unplug it from the wire, it just tells me the battery status.

Please help.  Is there any other ways, any buttons I can push to reset them on the headphones themselves?

Thanks!

Rushell

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 Not Connecting or Working Via Wire Connection

Author Accepted Answer selected by RushTX

Hi Rushell,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Would it be possible to try something? 

• Clear the headsets memory. Turn the headset on. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"
  • Try pairing to a mobile device (cell phone, tablet) temporarily for troubleshooting. 

Was just trying to eliminate the laptop as a source of the problem.

Please come back and let us know.

Tony G - Community Support

2 REPLIES 2

Author Accepted Answer selected by RushTX

Hi Rushell,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community! Would it be possible to try something? 

• Clear the headsets memory. Turn the headset on. Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared"
  • Try pairing to a mobile device (cell phone, tablet) temporarily for troubleshooting. 

Was just trying to eliminate the laptop as a source of the problem.

Please come back and let us know.

Tony G - Community Support

RushTX
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 1, 2018

Thanks so much for your reply.

I had tried that a while back and got the device list cleared message.  When I posted the message yesterday, I had tried it again but heard nothing even after holding the button to the right for more than 2 minutes.

I just tried it again to see if it might work, and lo and behold it did! 

Thanks so much!!

Rushell