Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sailorman1069
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Quiet Comfort 35 Won't connect to my windows 10 Computer

My head phones were working fine untill about 3 weeks ago.  I'm sure that a windows update probably broke them but whou `know which one did it.  I say that because I also have some Sony BT headphones and they won't connect either.  I spent 2 hours on the phone with Microsoft this morning and their solution was to get in touch with Bose and get updated drivers.  I have the current drivers acording to what I see when I attempt to update the driver.  How do I contact Bose to report this issue OR has anyone had this problem and solved it?

I am Curently on version 1709 Build 16299.19 (the fall creator update)

Thanks for your help

Mal Leichter

29 REPLIES 29
sailorman1069
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 Won't connect to my windows 10 Computer

BTW  I am at Firmware 1.3.4  Say it is "up to date"

sailorman1069
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

the firmware ia at 1.3.4

Ben_E

Hi Mal,

Thanks for your posts and sorry to hear about these issues. The firmware version 1.3.4 is the up-to-date version.

There are several things we can try to resolve the issues you've reported:

1. Clear the pairing list in QC35 headphones

- Turn the headset on
- Slide and hold the power switch to the right to the Bluetooth symbol for 10 seconds or until you hear "Bluetooth device list cleared".

The headset will then revert to discoverable mode, allowing for the pairing of another Bluetooth device.

2. Please remove QC35s from your phone's paired devices list. Please refer to the manufacturer of the phone if you need help with this.

3. Have you tried using a second device, e.g. one from a family member or friend, to see if you can connect with a second device? If you can, then the issue appears to be with your Windows device.

4. You could try resetting the QC35s, as follows:

- Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds
- Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on)

- Unplug USB cord from headset and wait 1 minute
Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

Let me know if the above steps don't help.

Best regards

Ben

Mehr fühlen, mehr erleben.
Neu in der Community? In unseren Community-Richtlinien findest Du hilfreiche Tipps für den Einstieg. Nicht vergessen: wir haben unsere Community-Ränge und -Belohnungen erneuert und verbessert. Schau sie Dir mal an!
dasjestyr
Participant
Registered since

Nov 15, 2017

I'm in the exact same position. I cleared everything from all devices and then tried to pair a Jabra with my windows machine with no issue at all. The QC35 will not pair, however.

A couple things to note:

• When I plug my headset in via USB, windows detects "Bose QuietComfort 35" then tells me it's setting it up, and then it's ready to go. It is unusable in any context, however.
  • If I click on the bluetooth icon in the windows tray and attempt to add my headset through this area, windows will say it is paired, but the headset does not confirm and does not show in the hardware list nor is available as a sound output. I've restarted many times with no luck.
  • Through suggestion of other people on this forum, I tried going to 'Devices and Printers' and adding my headset this way. When I click to add the device, two show up: "Bose QuietComfort 35" and "LE-Bose QuietComfort 35" -- Neither will pair here. It just says "That didn't work...
  • My headset pairs fine with my cellphone
  • My headset pairs fine with my other laptop, however that computer is running Win10 1703 (the one I cannot pair with is 1709) which makes me think another firmware update is needed? My headset right now says it has the latest firmware (1.3.4).
sailorman1069
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

Ben

Had tried everything except resetting the headphones prior to my post.  I tried the reset and still I can not connect the headphones.

My issue is EXACTLY the same as dasjestyr's.  I decided to try to pair other BT Head Phone and 2 different BT speakers I have and NONE of them would pair either.  They all showed the symtoms that dasjestyr describes

But here is some new news to me!!! I have a support contract with HP on my computer so I called them.  Of course they went through all the addapter/driver proceedure you suggested too.  They put me on hold for several mintes and when they came back they told me that they found multiple posts online saying that people (not all people) who had upgraded to the Fall Creators Release, Build 1709, were having the same issues.

I beleive in my original post I stated that I had chatted with a Microsoft rep online and he said this was a Bose problem.  Has anyone at Bose talked to Microsoft about this???  If this is a Mirosoft issue is there anyway someone at Bose can put presure on them to fix the issue?

Thanks for your support!!!

Mal Leichter

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Sailorman

Thanks for the information. That helps a lot. Can anyone in the community confirm this? I would also reach out to Microsoft's support for more assistance. Here is a link you can use.

Please come back and let us know

Tony

axielorza
Participant
Registered since

Nov 24, 2017

Hello,

Exact problem here. I've just contacted Microsoft Support and told me this is Bose's problem, as it has not updated its bluetooth controller for the 1709 Windows 10 update yet. Is this correct?

I have the QC35 headphones. Should I wait for the new controller to release or go back to the Windows 10 1703 version?

Thanks in advance.

sailorman1069
Participant
Registered since

Nov 11, 2017

So this is the same issue for All manufacturers???  I have 3 other Bluetooth devices (All differ manufactures) that will not connect to the same computer!!!

CAN SOMEONE FROM BOSE please respond to this issue!!!

"is this a Microsoft issue or a Bose issue???"  If so is anyone working on the fix??

Thanks

Mal 

Shiloh_C
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Aug 25, 2017

Hi folks!

Thank you all for your thought out posts and all of the details that you've provided.  I was hoping to collect some more information from you guys.  

Could you let me know what computer and model you're using?  

Could you also check in your computer's device manager to get some more specs on your Bluetooth modules?  I've included a link here that helps show where to go. 

Let me know if you get a chance and have a wonderful day,

Shiloh_C