Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Quiet Control 30 solid red light

Last night I think I forgot to turn off my QC30s when I took them off and they wouldn't turn on this morning. When I plugged them in all I get is a solid red light that remains on for about 20 seconds and then turns off and then nothing. I've tried several different outlets and it happens for all of them. I can't get the red light if they are not plugged in either. I haven't done anything differently from my normal use. They haven't been in extreme heat or cold. (I live in San Diego where it is only about 70 degrees outside and I haven't left them in the car in the sun or the freezer like a crazy person.) 

I've had these for a little over a year so I'm afraid my warranty is expired.

Is there anything I can do? I've tried the whole "Resetting the headset" thing but it doesn't work because I can't get any lights when they are unplugged. 

I love this product and am very sad that this has randomly happened. 

HELP!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Re: Quiet Control 30 solid red light

Have to tried a software update?

You can go to: btu.bose.com 

Hopefully this fixes the issue

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

How do I do a software update if my QCs won't turn on? Do I plug them directly into my computer?

Highlighted
Collaborator
Registered since

May 17, 2017

Go to btu.bose.com

plug your product into your PC and follow the promps.

If your software is up to date , type in A D V up arrow down arrow.

This will allow you to re-install your current software

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

May 10, 2018

Every time I try to update it gets through about a minute and when the solid red light goes off the updater says that it lost connection with the product. 

=(

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 27, 2018

I do have the exact same problem! Any solution to prevent the connection to break?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

Thanks for posting. I am sorry to hear about that. I just wanted to jump I and say if you are unable to turn your headset on after updating and you are unable to get any response from btu.bose.com, I would suggest contacting your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jul 22, 2018

Having the same issue. Can't perform any update as the QC30 turns off before update can take place. Solid red light, turns off after ~20-30 seconds.

great headset, i hope there is an easy fix....have only had these for 4 months.

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi RobtC94109,

Thanks for posting. I would first try rebooting the headphones. 

To reboot the headset

1. Turn the headset off and wait for 30 seconds.
  2. Plug the headset into a USB power supply via USB cord and wait 5 seconds. (Power supply needs to be plugged into the wall with power on).
  3. Unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute.
  4. Turn on the headset and test if the headset works properly.

If that doesn't work, I would contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to " Contact Us".

Kind Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Aug 13, 2018

Same thing happened here. Extremely dissatisfied and aggravated. I bought them less than a year ago at a department store in Mexico City and now it seems I have to go to the boutique to complain about my headphones, causing me to lose time and money and workhours since it's too big of a city and the boutique is far away cause the department store won't take them even when I still have my ticket. Worst day...