vaampyren
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

QuietComfort 35 not working with oneplus 3

Hello,

I have spend allot of time today reading and searching for answers but so far i have not found any solution to my problem. Only solution seems to be to downgrade to 1.0.6 but i cant seem to find a guide to do even that. The BoseUpdaterInstaller_1.3.6.1107.6258.exe detects 1.2.10 on my headset and dont let me do anything else.

My current most used phone is a Oneplus 3 with firmware 4.0.3 (latest OxygenOS version for my phone) which is based on Android 7.0.

My headset is QC35. I had not updated the software for a long time and it was working fine last i used it (2 months ago). Last i used it was before i upgraded to Android 7 and also i had the older firmware on my QC35 but i dont remember having this issue.

Now, today i wanted to start using my QC regularly and right after updating the firmware to 1.2.10 i tried the headset and it worked fine. Then i put it on the table and go grab a coffe. When i come back i cant head any sound. I can start the music on spotify but no sound coming out from the headset or the phone. I even start the music from Bose connect app and still nothing. It shows the music is bening played but there is no sound.

The only way to get the sound seems to be to turn the Bluetooth off/on on my phone. It works right away doing this.

What is going on? Why is Bluetooth now working correctly?

And as a last resort how do i downgrade? Sadly i read that the app is not compatible with 1.0.6 but i take that over a broken firmware.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
TwistedAnimator
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Re: QuietComfort 35 not working with oneplus 3

Author Accepted Answer selected by vaampyren

Hey vaampyren,

the OnePlus 3 update is rolling out right now - not the beta and this fixes the bluetooth issue (it was an issue with the 7.0 nougat update on OnePlus BTW).

You can get the latest OTA update ahead of time if it's not out in your territory yet by downloading the opera VPN app from the google play store and setting your region to Germany or Canada, then going to the updates section of settings on your phone - this isn't grabbing a beta so it won't affect you getting official OTA updates in the future. Search on the OnePlus boards if you need more info.

hope this helps you out 🙂

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

vaampyren

Thanks for the post. It appears that there is an update to the Oneplus 3. A user the in the post HERE reported that there was an update to Android 7.1.1 that seemed to resolve some issue with Bluetooth connectivity. It might not solve the problem but its a place for us to start.

Let us know if that helped

Tony

vaampyren
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Thanks for the quick reply but that user is using a betal ROM.

Sadly i dont want to end up using beta ROM where i wont be able to go back to stable version without wiping my phone.

This text is from Oneplus:

** Note: If you flash this Open Beta build, you’ll receive Open Beta OTAs (but not official OTAs). You’ll need to manually (clean) flash back to our official builds to continue receiving official OTAs. Rolling back to official OxygenOS versions require wiping data and cache.

-----------------

Android phones are lousy at restoring the phone with saved data so i have to wait for this beta to be ready for official release. If this is something that has been caused byt OnePlus firmware.

Maybe this issue is not related to QC35 firmware? i just read other people having the same problem so i thought it was a general problem. Would be good to know the root cause.

TwistedAnimator
Collaborator
Registered since

Jan 23, 2017

Author Accepted Answer selected by vaampyren

Hey vaampyren,

the OnePlus 3 update is rolling out right now - not the beta and this fixes the bluetooth issue (it was an issue with the 7.0 nougat update on OnePlus BTW).

You can get the latest OTA update ahead of time if it's not out in your territory yet by downloading the opera VPN app from the google play store and setting your region to Germany or Canada, then going to the updates section of settings on your phone - this isn't grabbing a beta so it won't affect you getting official OTA updates in the future. Search on the OnePlus boards if you need more info.

hope this helps you out 🙂

View solution in original post

vaampyren
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Cool, i had NordVPN so as soon as i connected to germany it started downloading 😄

Will report back if its fixed. Got home from the gym so i'm dead tired. Cheers for the tips.

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@vaampyren I've been using my QC30's (close cousin to the 35) with my OnePlus 3 on 4.0.3 for about a month now with minimal issue.  Except--do you have multiple devices connected?  If you do, try this.  Go to every other device you have paired with your headphones that are currently within bluetooth range and turn off the bluetooth radio on those device(s).  Leave blutetooth turned on on your OP3.  Turn your QC35's off and back on again.  I bet you can now get audio from your OP3?  Worth a try, this seems to work for me.  The issue for me seems to be caused by also connecting to an iPod Touch (older, 4th gen unit).  It seems to block audio from my OP3 or even from my laptop and the above procedure seems the only way I've found to resolve it.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!
vaampyren
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

@TwistedAnimator

So far so good, seesm the new OP update has fixed the issue. Will try during the day and update if it fail but it seems to be working. Last when i turned the headset it would connect but no sound. This time it worked without me toggling the BT off and on. Thanks for the tips.

@Mutnat

I removed all my other devices from the headset using Bose connect and did not have anything else connected to my QC35 when the issue occured. So far i'm willing to say that the problem has been Oneplus previous android 7.0 update. But seems to be fixed in this new update where android is based on version 7.1.1.

vaampyren
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 27, 2017

Indeed it seems to work fine, all day and no issue :), it was never QC35's fault.

I really like these headphones, **bleep** great NC and sound and comfort.

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

Brief update:  I finally let the OxygenOS 4.1.1 (Nougat 7.1.1) update install on my OnePlus 3 today and it does indeed seem to resolve this issue on my QC30 as well.  🙂  I really wouldn't have expected this to have been the phone software's fault, it seemed like it would have been an issue with headphone software.  But I'm happy to see this works properly now 🙂

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!