Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

QuietComfort 35 people on the outside around me can hear what I'm listening too

I just received my QuietComfort 35 wireless headphones and my wife and daughter's can hear the music that I am playing through my headphones which is extremely annoying and I believe should not happen.  Am I not wearing the headphones correctly? I don't have anything else on like glasses or a hat etc... Is there a way to fix this issue?
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2017

Re: QuietComfort 35 people on the outside around me can hear what I'm listening too

The sound leakage of Bose is evident.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Re: QuietComfort 35 people on the outside around me can hear what I'm listening too

Evident? What do you mean? So should people outside be able to hear what I'm listening too? That doesn't seem right.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2017

Yes, in the quite environment, people nearby can hear what you listening. That is called Sound leakage. It is the downside of qc35.
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 7, 2017

Thank you for explaining. Now I'm wondering if on a flight if other people are going to be able to hear what in listening too. Is sound leakage common with all over the ear headphones or just the QC35?

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 4, 2017

Unfortunately its just Qc35 compared to others in this range for eg. sony 1000x which has no sound leakage issues.