Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2019

QuietComfort 35 power issue

My QuietComfort 35 headphones have started powering on and draining battery even when switched off. Not sure what has happened as they have been really solid for the past 3 or 4 years and now have, out of nowhere, started acting up.
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted

Re: QuietComfort 35 power issue

Hi Wes_Fiske, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

Can you please confirm which headset version you are running as well as which device you are connecting them to? 

Thanks, 

Hector B - Community Support 

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2019

QC35 connecting to 9.5” iPad Pro, iPhone 8
Highlighted

Thanks for updating me on this @Wes_Fiske

Have you attempted to update the headphones to the latest software via btu.bose.com

Kind Regards, 

Hector B 

New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2019

I'm having the same issue. Just posted about it. After troubleshooting and speaking with customer service, the best they could do was offer a discount on a new pair. I've only had mine ~2.5 years.

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2019

Have updated to latest software and still having same problem. When I had them charging, with power switch off, after removing usb power cord, they turned on. Even though the switch is off.
Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2019

Any other thoughts to remedy this?
Highlighted

Hello Wes_Fiske, 

I am very sorry that the update did not resolve your issue. Could you please try resetting your headphones? 

To do this, turn off the headset and wait 30 seconds and then plug the headset into a wall outlet using a USB charger, then wait 5 seconds. After that unplug the USB cord from the headset and wait 1 minute once you have completed this turn the headset back on.

I look forward to hearing how you get on!

Kind Regards, 

Vicky W 

Highlighted
Audible Advocate
Registered since

May 14, 2019

Unfortunately I can’t preform a reset as described. When I unplug usb cord, headset turns itself on even with power switch off.
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Mar 26, 2019

Hello Wes_Fiske,

Thanks for getting back in touch, I am sorry to hear that the troubleshooting did not solve the issue for you. It seems that there may be an issue with the headphones, I would recommend that you get in touch with the customer care team in your area; as we are not able to go through service options over this platform. 

I hope this helps, should you need anything else please get in touch.

Kindest regards,

Zoe C