ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

QuietControl 30 or QuietComfort 35 - If you have both, which do you prefer?

Do you have both the QC30 and QC35? If so, which do you prefer and why?

And if you feel like telling us why you have both, that would be interesting too.

Let's have some fun with this.

ST

8 REPLIES 8
bonjovi079519
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 26, 2017

Re: QuietControl 30 or QuietComfort 35 - If you have both, which do you prefer?

Hello,

I only have the QC35, so i can't say if I prefer the QC30 or QC35. But for now I'm very happy with my QC35. 

However it would be great that in future firmware updates the QC35 would incorporate some features of QC30 in the Bose Connect app, like a EQ to regule the ANC, as well as an option to desactivate the ANC with the Bluetooh on.

Robertpetry
Advocate
Registered since

Mar 14, 2017

I think for most people it comes down to whether you like over the ear headphones or in-ear, earphones.   I prefer the latter as headphones to me are bulky, big and harder to carry around.  The neckband is accptable on the QC30 for me and I much much perfer in-ear earphones for every day use.  

Sitting on the couch?  I might prefer the headphones but that is just not how I typically use them.  

So I have the QC30 and outside of the mic issue on calls, I love them.  They sound great.  

clownbaby
Enthusiast
Registered since

Jan 18, 2017

I had the QC35 but sent them back after the firmware/quality debacle. I like the QC30 better since in-ear headphones seem to work for me (I travel a lot, and am a side sleeper, and it's hard to sleep with full headphones.) The battery is a bit disappointing, though - and I'd like to see a model like this that I can still plug in with a headphone jack (sort of like how I could use the QC35 corded and over BT).

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi,

I have used both and I LOVE my QC30. The tips stay perfectly in my ears and I can leave them in for hours ( unlike traditional ear buds that I cant really use because they hurt).

LOVE THEM!

Tony

vandrew
Advocate
Registered since

Jan 8, 2015

Try using the QC30 to answer calls. ANC is good though. QC35 have been returned.

danny1010
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

I have and enjoy using both the QC 30 and QC 35.  They both have situations where they shine more than the other.  Due to their smaller size/weight, I prefer using the QC 30 when I'm on the go (moving through an airport, walking to lunch, on the train, etc.).  It's smaller size makes it more manageable and more discreet IMO.  It's very easy to pull out the earbuds and tuck the neck back in between a shirt collar and my jacket/sportscoat to not even be noticeable to most people.  And even with the variable noise cancellation, I like the easy ability to have one earbud in and an open ear.  You can somewhat do that with the QC 35, but you basically have to put one earcup in front or behind the ear which feels more awkward to me.  Maybe it's my imagination but the QC 30's microphone placement on the earbud cord seems to provide better pickup that on the earcup of the QC35 when taking calls.

In situations where I'm more stationary (sitting on a plane or sitting at my desk), I prefer the QC 35.  While they're both comfortable, the QC 35 is slightly moreso, but especially the longer the use the advantage tips further to the QC 35.  Also from a pure sound standpoint, I give the nod to the QC 35.  In those situations, it's also more likely where it's useful to have the hardwired AUX input (e.g. to connect to the plane's in-flight entertainment system), so that's a further nudge to the QC 35.

I agree it may be overkill to have both, but I do see situations where one has a distinct advantage over the other.  For me, it's worth carrying around both.  Plus, it provides a little added redundancy if I forget to recharge one of them.

danny1010
Contributor
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Having both also comes in handy if you do happen to have a travel companion.  You can use the Music Share function in the Bose App to listen to the same music or watch the same movie say on an iPad.  It's a significant improvement from the days of a headphone jack splitter.

lolocito
Participant
Registered since

Jul 27, 2017

Hi,

I've tried both in a Bose showroom and, for personal reasons, I would be more interested by the QC30. But, during my test, it seems that the QC35 was more efficient in noise reduction and this criteria is very important for me. The seller told me that in fact the QC30 should be the most efficient and the difference I felt could be linked to an earbud not adjusted very well to my ear.

What do you think? Can you tell me if there's a real difference in noise reduction and if so, which one is the best?

Thanks in advance for your help