Isabel Marques
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

QuietControl 30 wireless headphones disconnect with the MacOS Catalina

My QuietControl 30 wireless headphones disconnects with the MacOS Catalina.
They connect, play youtube video normally and after 50 seconds, they disconnect with no reason 😞
Before this Apple update I had no issues whatsoever, but now, I just can't use them....

9 REPLIES 9
Sam_F

Re: QuietControl 30 wireless headphones disconnect with the MacOS Catalina

Hi Isabel,

Thank you for taking the time to post and welcome to the Bose Community.

I'm sorry to hear of the trouble you're having with your QuietControl 30 not staying connected to your Mac - that is quite unusual.

In regards to your QuietControl headphones, have you ensured they are up-to-date in terms of firmware? You can do that by visiting btu.bose.com and following instructions.

Also, it may be beneficial to try clearing the pairing list on the headphones and the Mac - then retry the connection. To do this, follow the steps here.

Let me know if the situation improves.

Warm regards,

Sam F - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Isabel Marques
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Thank you for the information Sam F. 

I followed both your suggestions but unfortunately the sound keeps shutting down on the computer after less than 1 minute playing normally (only on the computer 😞
Do you have another suggestion?
Charlotte_G

Hello Isabel,

Thanks for getting back to us and testing these steps. 

Do the headphones disconnect if nothing is playing and they are just connected generally to the Mac?

Warm regards,

Charlotte G 

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
Isabel Marques
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

They are connected to both my mobile phone (Samsung) and my MacBook Air.

When I start to listen to a youtube video, after some time the sound from the computer mutes but the video keeps playing, the headphones are still connected to both devices but the sound simply stops playing from the computer.

Sam_F

Hi Isabel,

Thanks for the update. 

Could you confirm, when the audio from your Mac stops playing through your headphones, are the headphones still connected to your Samsung phone? If you were to play audio on the phone after the Mac audio cuts out, would you hear it through the headphones?

Warm regards,

Sam F

Isabel Marques
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

The answers are both yes:
Yes, the headphones are always connected to both devices.
And yes, the sound can play on the mobile device and be heard on the headphones after the sound stops playing from the computer.
Keith_L
Community Manager

Hello Isabel,

Would it be possible to test this with the headphones connected to the Mac only? It would be interesting to see if we still get this issue when only connected to the one device.

Also, do we have any other Bluetooth devices that we could test with the computer? If we connect another pair of headphones or a speaker to the computer, we can see if the same thing happens with them.

Let me know how we get on.

Kind Regards,

Keith L

Isabel Marques
Participant
Registered since

Dec 16, 2019

Hi Keith.

Unfortunately, even if it is connected only to the Mac Computer it also disconnects 😞
Jeff_G

Hello Isabel, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. 

I'm very sorry to hear you are still having issues with your QC30 headphones. 

This could possibly be related to a corruption issue with the Bluetooth pairing code on the Mac. I would recommend looking online for instructions on how to perform the following on your specific computer: 

- SMC reset

- PRAM reset

- Delete Bluetooth .plist files. 

This should hopefully reset the preferences for the computer and you should be able to continue using the headphones again. 

Be sure to let us all know how you get on and if you need any further assistance do not hesitate to get back in touch! 

Kind regards,

Jeff G