Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Swrlh
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Quietcomfort 25 vs Quietcomfort 35 II

I'm new to Bose and I'm looking at upgrading my current headphone. I understand the wireless and Google integration. What I am wondering is if there are any differnces in noise cancelling qualities between the QC 25 and the QC 35 II with its 3 level of cancellation because sincerely I do not need the Google integration and the wireless but I prefer, due to its heavy use in a working environment, the possibility to change the battery once it's flat and the ANR stop to work.
The QC35II could be an option but I'm worried about the integrated battery and the fact that it will be always recharged because it must be always at 100% and this could cut out the battery's life and after a while the headset must be sent to the assistance and there are not a price list for the repair of the headset.

I found an older topic with a similar question but the link doesn't work anymore.
Thx

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Horseshoes
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Re: Quietcomfort 25 vs Quietcomfort 35 II

Author Accepted Answer selected by Swrlh

I have both the 35ll and 25. At the end of the day I like to put on my 25s with just the noise cancellation to relax, and take a short deep nap. My 25s will cancel a little more noise than my 35ll will. Both headphones are very comfortable and sound great. Here is a test of both headphones side by side, scroll down the page a little past halfway for noise cancelling test results. 

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/compare/bose-quietcomfort-35-ii-vs-bose-quietcomfort-25/565/...

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
nikkorman
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 30, 2018

The QC 35 Ii will have much better ANC, in fact any review you read states this over and over. The QC 35 II is a better build quality. I checked out demos at various stores and most often the QC 25's were broken, ear cups missing, etc. The battery should last a while and modern devices have batteries that don't have the "memory" effect. This means you can charge when even when the battery is partially charged (moderator, correct me if I am wrong).

If the battery were to fail sooner rather than later, I read that the replacement option is pricey, however by then the technology will change and you will want something else. They got you by the chain!! 

Horseshoes
Collaborator
Registered since

Dec 24, 2018

Author Accepted Answer selected by Swrlh

I have both the 35ll and 25. At the end of the day I like to put on my 25s with just the noise cancellation to relax, and take a short deep nap. My 25s will cancel a little more noise than my 35ll will. Both headphones are very comfortable and sound great. Here is a test of both headphones side by side, scroll down the page a little past halfway for noise cancelling test results. 

https://www.rtings.com/headphones/tools/compare/bose-quietcomfort-35-ii-vs-bose-quietcomfort-25/565/...

View solution in original post

Swrlh
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Thx for the reply, obviously both of them have their pro and contra and after your opinion, I need to find out some demo version in the store (even if the 25 is older and maybe not so easy to find out) and try them personally because both seem to be great and the ANR in some case is quite a subjective matter but I'll keep in mind that the 35II is a little step beyond the 25.

honglong1976
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

Do you have £250 >>> YES >>> Do you need wireless? >>> YES >>> Buy QC35ii

Do you have £250 >>> NO >>>> Do you need wireless? >>> NO >>> Buy QC25

Swrlh
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Just kidding..
Yes I have 250£ but I do not need the WiFi 🙂
honglong1976
Enthusiast
Registered since

Apr 23, 2018

They use Bluetooth (rather than WIFI).

I have the QC25. Cost me £99 and they do what I need. In the future, my next pair will be wireless.

Swrlh
Participant
Registered since

Jan 20, 2019

Due to the fact that I’m going to use them principally in an aircraft with a wire with an external mic, and the Bluetooth automatically will be cut out, or with an IPod I don’t care about the wireless connection. For these reasons weather the ANR performance with the QC25 is great, I’ll give them a try.