Rhesus
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

May 5, 2018

Quietcomfort 35 II dropout on bluetooth

I recently bought a pair of QC35II and I am consistently experiencing an audio dropout of about a second every 3-5 minutes of playing audio through wireless.

I have tried clearing the paired devices list on my phone (Samsung S8) as well on the headset and I tried "rebooting" the headset as described in another post. I have no issues playing audio over bluetooth on other devices from my phone.

I enjoy noise cancellation headsets for the reason that you can immerse yourself in your own little "bubble" with your music/podcast and shut out the outside world.

But every time the audio skips, my "bubble" bursts and I find myself walking around, dreading the next audio dropout.

Sounds silly, I know, but I had been saving up for a long time for this purchase and this ruins my experience more than I'd care to admit.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for a fix.
5 REPLIES 5
robisoggiu
Silent Starter
Registered since

May 6, 2018

Re: Quietcomfort 35 II dropout on bluetooth

This happened to me too, just last night. I can’t understand what’s the problem. It’s very annoying not hearing anymore while watching something on tv! I had to pair them again with the tv various times. 

I would like to know what to do if it happens again.

thank you

@Rhesuswrote:
I recently bought a pair of QC35II and I am consistently experiencing an audio dropout of about a second every 3-5 minutes of playing audio through wireless.

I have tried clearing the paired devices list on my phone (Samsung S8) as well on the headset and I tried "rebooting" the headset as described in another post. I have no issues playing audio over bluetooth on other devices from my phone.

I enjoy noise cancellation headsets for the reason that you can immerse yourself in your own little "bubble" with your music/podcast and shut out the outside world.

But every time the audio skips, my "bubble" bursts and I find myself walking around, dreading the next audio dropout.

Sounds silly, I know, but I had been saving up for a long time for this purchase and this ruins my experience more than I'd care to admit.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for a fix.

Highlighted

Hey guys!

Thank you both for reaching out!  I completely understand how that would be disruptive to your listening experience.

I'm thinking that this sounds like an issue with the headphones so I would like to encourage you to reach out to customer support, you can use this link.  Just select your country and scroll down to where you see "contact us".   

Please, let me know if you need anything else!  

Enjoy your days and take care,

Shiloh - Community Support 

wuub
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

same here, qc35 v2. 1-2s audio drop out every minute or so, no Bluetooth disconnect. mine updated their firmware yesterday I wonder if it's related.
wuub
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Dec 17, 2017

for anyone who stumbles upon this thread, I unpaired the other device that was also using Bluetooth LE (specifically Xiaomi Miband 2) and uninstalled MiBand tools. once I did that all dropouts stopped occuring for me.

strange 🙂

@wuub thank you for sharing that! 

Mohsin