Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Alexanderprinsen
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Quietcontrol 30 defect?

Hey.

So I have had my bose qc 30 now for a couple of months.

Every time I talk to someone they hear me so badly. If I'm out walking they complain that it sounds it's a storm outside even if there is no wind.
If I go on subway they can't hear anything they only hear sound from the subway.

Is this a known problem and a fix to this?
Because i bought them to listen to music and talk in them. But I have to talk through the phone because they can't hear me.

Thanks
/Alex
4 REPLIES 4
chihyaoma
Participant
Registered since

Apr 11, 2017

Re: Quietcontrol 30 defect?

+1

There are a lot of people reported the same issue you are facing right now. I saw a discussion before saying that Bose rolled out hardware update for the QC30 sometime in January or February 2017, though the hardware update doesn't seem to be fixing the issue. 

Can anyone or the admin confirm whether if there is a hardware update early this year? (https://community.bose.com/t5/Wireless-Headphones/QC30-Mic-hardware-revision-build-dates/m-p/39682#M...)

My QC30 is manufactured in Nov. 2016, and I have the same issue with microphone (Firmware 1.2.9). I am not sure if I should call the tech support and have my QC3p replaced right now. 

By the way, my temporary solution of the issue for the microphone is to turn off noise cancellation when I am on the phone with someone. My friends reported that after I turned off the noise cancellation, they can hear me more clear. 

Stix_UK
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 9, 2017

I had exactly the same problem with my original purchase (manufacture date Nov 2016).  After speaking to Bose, and since I had purchased through Apple, I exchanged for a new pair (manufacture date Dec 2016).  They were better (although not perfect) and improved again with the 1.2.9 firmware update although still not where I would expect Bose to be.Smiley Indifferent

ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi Alex,

It sounds like you need to talk to Bose Support directly.

You can follow this link to Bose product support for your area. Click on your country, then scroll down to contact information for Bose Support.

ST

Mutnat
Mentor
Registered since

Feb 3, 2017

@Alexanderprinsen yes you've experienced the dreaded "side-tone" issue.  This is seeming more of a design flaw than a defect, unfortuantely.  I'm not sure that the revised mic hardware that was changing in manufacturing earlier this year has helped much if any, based on some feedback in other threads here.  @Tony_G has indicated that this seems to be coming from a "side-tone" feature.  Bose are apparently investigating the possibility of allowing users to deactivate or dial back the side-tone feature, but have not given an update in ages, and have given no confirmation that it will come, and if so when.  

I have personally found that the QC30 work GREAT for phone calls--provided I'm alone in a silent room with the door and windows closed and don't do anything that makes any background noise at all.  As soon as ANY background noise is introduced, it makes them unusable.  This is really very, very disappointing.

*** Please Note: I do not work for Bose; please don't private message me your support questions!