Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Re: QC 35 white noise

Same issue here. 

In a quiet room, listening to a guided meditation, I can hear this noise in the background like a fan. It's actually quieter if I take the headphones off! I have already tried the steps listed by ST. Issue persists. It's imcredibly distracting. 

Is this normal? 

Edit: why is this marked solved. I see no solutions presented. 

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Mar 21, 2017

Hi, @Jodiuh

It is defintiely not a normal behaviour. I had them replaced after 2 days. Also, I have already returned my pair for a full refund withing a month.

Edit: I don't know why they have marked this as SOLVED. Weird.

Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

Main problem of QC35 is that we cant turn off ANC, which just add this white noise in quiet room..

I really cant belive, that in soo big company with upgradeable headphones by firmware we still did not get answer if in future will be feature to disable ANC in time when we dont need it..

I just hope, that wont be soon next model of QC with this function and leave QC35 behind with old problems.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Community Manager

"Why is this marked as solved"

Tracing back the history of original discussion, AwesomePeanut (the person who started that discussion), marked his/her own post as a solution.

That's how the solution system works. Someone asks a question and that person can mark any subsequent post as a solution.

I spawned a new discussion with the most recent posts. Doing that broke this away from the discussion that had been marked as solved.

ST

Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

Thank you, I appreciate that.

The reason I had not noticed this before was that I wasn't in a quiet room with it yet. I figured this white noise background was just the external noise being dampened.

So is this working as intended then? There will always be a background noise when ANC is on?
Highlighted
Participant
Registered since

Jun 5, 2017

So is this working as intended? Is the white noise background supposed to be there?
Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hi Jodiuh,

If you've tried the reset on the headphones and you're still experiencing this issue, I would recommend you contact your local support center to arrange for a service option for the QC35s.

Best Regards,

Brandon