cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miguelcarrasco
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 (QC35) - Low volume on Bluetooth (prev BSOD - Windows 10 x64)

Bose are you going to fix this? Very easy for you to replicate:

Buy a Surface Book Pro (Standard same drivers across the board)
Connect one of your headphones Bose Quiet Comfort 35 with bluetooth

Play any music or movies or anything.
Sound Level is 10% sounding as for what it should be. I set my sound to max, I updated the firmware, nothing helped.

Horrible when this happens to you and you have an 8 hour flight ahead of you...  Clearly something wrong with your drivers for Windows 10.

What should I do? Return them?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ST - Hearphones
Community Manager - Retired
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 low volume on Bluetooth

Author Accepted Answer selected by miguelcarrasco

Hi again Miguelcarrasco,

I just double checked with Netflix. It's the same.

To get full volume I have to

• Max the volume in the application (Netflix)
  • Max the volume on the Window Volume Control scrubber
    Win10 Volume Scrubber 100%.png
  • Max the volume on the QC35 (volume up button until you hear the beep).
    QC35 Volume Buttons.png

At that point, it's uncomfortably loud.

ST

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 (QC35) - Connection causes BSOD - Windows 10 x64 - Broadcom DW1560 Bluetooth

Hi miguelcarrasco

I'm running Windows 10 Creators Update on my Surface Book. My QC35 runs fine - no issues with volume or errors or BSODs.  Things were also fine in Windows 10  Anniversary edition. I have several Surface devices here and my QC35 is fine with all of them. I'm not sure what is causing the problem, but I don't think it's related to QC35 vs Windows 10 on a Surface device.

What other applications are you running when you get the BSOD?

ST

@miguelcarrasco wrote:

Bose are you going to fix this? Very easy for you to replicate:

Buy a Surface Book Pro (Standard same drivers across the board)
Connect one of your headphones Bose Quiet Comfort 35 with bluetooth

Play any music or movies or anything.
Sound Level is 10% sounding as for what it should be. I set my sound to max, I updated the firmware, nothing helped.

Horrible when this happens to you and you have an 8 hour flight ahead of you...  Clearly something wrong with your drivers for Windows 10.

What should I do? Return them?

miguelcarrasco
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

Re: Quiet Comfort 35 (QC35) - Connection causes BSOD - Windows 10 x64 - Broadcom DW1560 Bluetooth

I don't get BSOD, I simply get my sound level very quiet. If I plug the headphones directly into the laptop, sound is very loud (great), but as soon as I switch back to Bluetooth, and my audio is set to MAX (100%), it's still almost like it was set to 10% audio.

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi @miguelcarrasco

What application are you running when you experience the low volume over Bluetooth.

Please don't be surprised, but I have to ask. ... are you setting the volume up on both the computer and the QC35?

ST

miguelcarrasco
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

It's fine I was a Microsoft MVP for 5 years and consultant in the past totally understand.

I tried powering off completely and starting up and closing all running applications and simply pressing the volume control to the max, and then back to 0, then back to max, you can tell (from the windows chirp when you depress the clickpad) the volume over bluetooth is nearly 10% of what it should be (even though is it is set to 100%). I even tried updating the Bose Headphones to the latest firmware, nothing.

Spotify is at max, and the music is barely nothing (both system audio and app audio)
Tried VLC media player, same thing could barely hear anything with audio or video files (both system audio and app audio)

As soon as I plug in headphones with provided cable, audio jumps to max levels as it should sound (since everything is cranked to max).

I'm running Windows 10 Pro Version 1703 Build 15063.138
Surface Book Pro Core i7-6600U 2.60 GHz
16GB Ram

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hi miguelcarrasco

Hardware: Surface Book with Performance Base Core i7 6600 U 16GB

Operating System: Windows 10.0 15063 Build 15063

Here's something to note - and why asked if you were turning up the volume on both the computer and the QC35.

On my machine, even if the volume control on the Surface Book shows 100%, if I'm connected via Bluetooth, t do NOT get full volume until I turn up the volume using the buttons on the QC35 too. Note: the buttons on the QC35 do not change the volume scrubber in Windows.

Win10 Volume Scrubber.png

When I switch from the wired connection to Bluetooth, the volume drops (safety measure?). I have to punch up the volume on the QC35.

I don't use Spotify, so for the most recent test, I used YouTube running on Microsoft Edge.

What happens when you try YouTube with Microsoft Edge?

ST

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Author Accepted Answer selected by miguelcarrasco

Hi again Miguelcarrasco,

I just double checked with Netflix. It's the same.

To get full volume I have to

• Max the volume in the application (Netflix)
  • Max the volume on the Window Volume Control scrubber
    Win10 Volume Scrubber 100%.png
  • Max the volume on the QC35 (volume up button until you hear the beep).
    QC35 Volume Buttons.png

At that point, it's uncomfortably loud.

ST

View solution in original post

miguelcarrasco
Contributor
Registered since

Apr 28, 2017

That's what it was, I've never had to use the volume buttons on the headphones themselves before! Thank you! That worked!

ST - Hearphones
Registered since

Dec 23, 2016

Hey miguelcarrasco,

Enjoy your QC35.

ST

PS - Respect re: MS MVP