Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Real Disappointed with my Bose QC35 headphones to the point of being ready to send back

I am a 68 year old male, not the brightest or most tech savvy but have gotten by fairly well since '95 with tech and web issues. I have previously owned 17 Bose Products, starting with the 301 speakers from way back. I need, I want, I crave listening to my music and using Alexa with these headphones. I KNOW they're good ! I KNOW they're backed one a great company. I have tried and tried since getting them 3 weeks ago, but today I'm about ready to send these back. I just can't seem to get them to work properly.  Maybe it's me, maybe I just can't seem to get hold of the right instructions or found something that's more designed for my 30 yr old son than me. All I know is I wanted to be able to use Alexa for weather, news, sports scores, play Spotify or Amazon music on it, etc. I really hate the Bose connect App. It seems it could be much easier and consistent to use. I don't like the button arrangement on the phones, it just doesn't make sense to me. Right now, I can't even hear the music. When I push the Action button, all i have heard for days is.....'go to the Alexa app and try again" over and over......occasionally, i hear "your Samsung Luna phone is connected, your Samsung Luna phone is disconnected"....which is it? Connected or Disconnected? Then I go to the phone settings, check bluetooth and it says 'Bose headphones is paired"....I click on "Connected" and it connects, then it disappears. I really hope they change that Connect App, it's not helpful at all to me. And what am I suppose to connect it to? The Samsung phone, the laptop with Windows 10? or the Echo Dot? or can i connect to all 3 ?  I'm just really frustrated here and don't know how to find someone who can guide me through this.

25 REPLIES 25
Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

Re: Real Disappointed with my Bose QC35 headphones to the point of being ready to send back

I can read your frustration.  I don't work for Bose but based on what you have shared with us, I would recommend your best option would be to go to a local Bose store and arrange for someone there to show you how to setup and use your headphones with both your phone and your laptop.  Not all localities have a Bose store however (we used to have many and now, I believe Houston only has one, for example).  If you don't have a store, your next best opportunity would to call the Bose technical support line and ask questions and ask for guidance.  The information you get in this forum is not very interactive and not really condusive for learning.

By the way, I am starring in my studio at a pair of 201s on stands and my TV next door has a pair of 701s on either side.  I guess us 60-somethings are showing our age! 🙂

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Re: Real Disappointed with my Bose QC35 headphones to the point of being ready to send back

Hello joelirwin,

We appreciate your assistance on the community.

This is always much appreciated!

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

No one who reads this forum has any comments? No help? I thought that was what this was for. Does Bose not care If I send it back?

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello @DonB5750,

We have an article located HERE, that should help with the setup of Alexa on your QC35II.

Also, we have helpful information located on the QC35 II support page.

Let us know if this helps.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Thank you. I have been to that Alexa help page and done everything shown there. I have followed it step by step, still doesn't work for me.

Here's what I need

1. Know if my firmware is up to date and how to update it. 2. How to connect it to my laptop and my phone and it will STAY connected. 3. Connected to my wi-fi or some way that I can use Alexa on it if that's only way to play music. Basically someone who can walk me through it and get it to be usable for me. I know that's asking a lot but so is paying $350 when you're on fixed income. 

thanks

Highlighted
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 5, 2016

Hello DonB5750,

I would suggest contacting technical support over the phone for further assistance.

They should be able to explain and walk you through the process of getting everything set up.

If you go HERE, select your region, scroll to the bottom of the page, choose "Contact Us" and a number will be displayed.

Kind Regards,

Joel - Community Support

Highlighted
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Feb 5, 2019

Thank you, I just tried that 3 times. First I got a 'Virtual Chat' which told me  the same thing four times, no help.....I finally got a human 'agent' but he was trying to chat with a lot of people at once. I would type something, he would go away and come back 10 minutes later and forgot what he said the time before, then I would type, he would go away.........so ridiculous.

If I pay $350 for a pair of headphones (which was dumb on my part, I'll admit), Bost can afford to get an agent to help me be able to hear with the darn things. If they can't get enough agents to help us poor senile senior citizens, they should just sell them to the younger people and not be allowed to sell them to us. They haven't deserved my money yet and I've been a Big Bose fan through the years. Not now.

Highlighted
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Dec 21, 2016

Hi. I'm exactly the same age as you and use the QC I's and II's s. based on your original post, no offense or deisrespect but I don't think these are the headphones for you.  IF you can find someone who can sit with you in person and set these up to your liking, that might be an option but clearly if you can't figure out how to check out the firmware version, update them, connect them to your phone, computer, etc.  even if you get them working now, you'll probably run into more problems in the future.  If you're already using Amazon Alexa products , (echo), the setup process is the same for the QC II's. Good luck.

Highlighted
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

@hockeymagnetLet's have a friendly disagreement on this one 🙂  My wife is techno challenged and I provide all her techno support - both her laptop and her iPhone.  She uses the functionality she wants and ignores the rest.  I think in this case and I ASK BOSE SUPPORT to take the HIGH ROAD on this one.  I ask Bose not to be reactive on this one and have him call in to a standard queue.  Why not be PROACTIVE, ask him in a private message for permission to call, get a phone number and have someone who is good at simple training and introductions to get him the basic support/orientation he needs to use the QC35ii as he wants.  Hey, Bose - here is an opportunity to do a good deed for the world and help someone who really needs some handholding.  Support - that is why we are here and why you monitor this board.  How about making an exception and give this man the training he needs.