Highlighted
intgom
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Really bad sound lag with QC35 II on Windows 10

Especially iplayer, where there's a big delay on sound so no lip sync.  Stream also breaks up a lot, seemingly trying to correct it but never actually getting there.

Also a problem with Netflix and Youtube.

Device is Dell XPS 15 (2015 or 2016 model).

Able to reproduce problem using both QC35 I and II models (owned by different family members).

QC35 II set on latest firmware.

Have reset everything as per other threads but no joy.

Any thoughts?

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Really bad sound lag with QC35 II on Windows 10

Hello intgom,

Thank for reaching out to the community! Sorry for the trouble you're experiencing. 

Notice any lag when watching on from another device? Such as a smartphone or tablet? 

Can you please also verify that the Bluetooth chip/driver on the computer has been updated to the latest version through its manufacturer? 

Please let us know what you come up with when you get a moment. 

Thank you again,

Mohsin - Community Support

intgom
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Hi Mohsin.

There's no noticeable lag when I watch via the same apps on my smartphone (iPhone 😎 and via an iPad Air 2, so it's possibly a bluetooth issue on my PC.  The drivers appear to be up to date but I'll double-check via the Dell website.

Thanks, John.

Hey John,

Thank you for the update and for trying out the troubleshooting. Please feel free to let us know what you find out from Dell at your convenience.

Take care,

Mohsin  

intgom
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Hi Mohsin.

All drivers now up to date.  I think they already were up to date but I uninstalled and reinstalled again just to be sure.  Unfortunately, no change - I'm still getting the audio lag.

Out of interest, I've just tried a pair of cheap Taotronics in-ear bluetooth headphones and these work just fine so I'm coming back to the QC35s as the problem, or a compabitiliy issue with the bluetooth chipsets.

Any ideas?

Kind regards, John.

Thanks, John for getting back. Unfortunately, it can also be a combination of things like the OS version or the Bluetooth chipset version. We have come up with our own findings when pairing with computers that you can read about here: https://bose.life/2ShMWFJ

It's not directly related to the delay you are experiencing but might help you get some ideas and understand it is hard to just point to one thing. 

Another suggestion that has been thrown out there is to try an external USB Bluetooth adapter. 

As always, we'll provide this feedback up to the development team. If any new information becomes available, we'll let you know. 

Please feel free to let us know if there is anything else we can help you with. 

Thanks again,

Mohsin 

intgom
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jan 2, 2019

Thanks for your reply Mohsin, which I read with disappointment.

I've also read the linked article, which is really not at all helpful.  For example, if the headphones are pairing using the wrong profile, how do you correct this?

It seems Bose is trying to forego any responsiblity for getting their very expensive headphones working properly on Windows 10.  I find this completely unacceptable but, unfortunately, have nowhere else to turn now that I've bought the headphones.

Bose now has at least one very disillusioned customer who won't be returning.

Kind regards, John.

ttomovski
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Dec 10, 2018

Hi,

I am also experiencing audi lag and delay on Bose QC 35 II since I have bought them 4 months ago. I have tried this on multiple laptops, desktops, integrated bluetooth chips and external bluetooth donges and the same result - always lag on Windows 10. Mobile devices have no problem so far.

However, I depend heavily on Windows 10 during the whole day so for the price that QC 35 II have, this is completly unacceptable. Other much cheaper bluetooth headphones work just fine on windows 10. So the problem is not the bluetooth or the drivers, it is the Bose Headphones. 

I have came to a point now where this bothers me completly, so please provide me with a solution how to resolve this issue.

Thanks