seekers
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Remember ANC setting

Hi Bose

Would it be possible to get some feedback on what I asked about a year ago in https://community.bose.com/t5/Headphones-Archive/Remember-ANC-setting/m-p/69908#M8806 please? I.e. a setting to remember the default ANC setting after a power cycle (on/off) would be a nice feature - would this be possible to implement?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Remember ANC setting

Author Accepted Answer selected by seekers

Hi seekers,

Thanks for posting. I can confirm that persistent ANC levels are something that we are aware that users are interested in, and we have passed that information along to engineering to see if it can be implemented. At this time we do not have any information regarding this but will post it here in the community when we do.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

7 REPLIES 7
joelirwin
Wistful Whiz
Registered since

Jun 15, 2018

I don't work for Bose and I have a QC 35ii.  Thanks for reminding us about this.  I can confirm that if I set ANC either through the Bose Connect app OR setting the action button and using the action button, then if I turn it off and back on, the setting is lost and it goes back to HIGH.  Would be nice if it remembered its ANC setting.

Author Accepted Answer selected by seekers

Hi seekers,

Thanks for posting. I can confirm that persistent ANC levels are something that we are aware that users are interested in, and we have passed that information along to engineering to see if it can be implemented. At this time we do not have any information regarding this but will post it here in the community when we do.

Regards,

Tony G - Community Support

Highlighted
seekers
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Aug 31, 2017

Thanks Tony_G, hope to see it in a future software update!

mmm2000
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Jan 18, 2018

You won't see this feature. It's been a couple of years I think since the first people were asking for it.

The reply is always : We will pass it to the dev team.

Nothing has been done. Even though the QC35 I have are great headphones, I recently decided to purchase a different brand as my primary home headphone. Was looking at the QC35 II and it still has the same issue as QC35. I cannot select default ANC setting.

A simple, YES, this feature is being developed or a NO, it is not possible for this or that reason would be sufficient.

There are companies that thrive and listen to their customers and some that don't. Bose should take a note from Elon Musk on how to listen and actually develop and implement software updates to their products.

Hi mmm2000,

Thanks for posting. I understand the frustration. I can only confirm what we already have, this feature request has been presented to our developers for future consideration. As we do not have any information at this time, we will share whatever information we have with the community. I will check the status of this and let the community know.

Regards,

Tony G

vivirooni
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

May 3, 2019

Any update on the Remembering the ANC setting??

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi mmm2000,

Thanks for posting. I understand the frustration. I can only confirm what we already have, this feature request has been presented to our developers for future consideration. As we do not have any information at this time, we will share whatever information we have with the community. I will check the status of this and let the community know.

Regards,

Tony G

Hi Vivirooni, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community. 

We don't currently have an update for this. We will update the community as soon as we know more. 

Kind Regards, 

Hector B