Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
justinian
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Replacement headphones and charger

Hi folks,

I just issued a request for replacement. I know it says to only send the primary component with issue, but I believe both my earbuds and the charger are having issues. But when I went through returns online it only allowed me to select either the earbuds or the charger. I went through the steps for earbud replacement.

I then tried to go through the same steps for my charger, but the link stopped working (perhaps because the earbuds return is pending?)

Although I really need both replaced, I'm afraid if I include my charger in the return package that I may not get one back. Not sure what I should do here? Do I wait for the earbuds and then issue a new replacement claim for the charger? I can't get on the phone with anyone, so I appreciate any insight!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Sam_F

Re: Replacement headphones and charger

Author Accepted Answer selected by justinian

Hi @justinian,

I'm glad you asked! My best advice would be to keep the cable you have, as you may only receive the brand new headphones/headset as part of the exchange process. This way, you can test the new product with the cable you have already, to see how it reacts. It may have only been the headphones that were having an issue, with the cable being perfectly fine.

If you find with the new product that the cable is still having issues, let us know and we can take things from there. 🙂

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Sam_F

Author Accepted Answer selected by justinian

Hi @justinian,

I'm glad you asked! My best advice would be to keep the cable you have, as you may only receive the brand new headphones/headset as part of the exchange process. This way, you can test the new product with the cable you have already, to see how it reacts. It may have only been the headphones that were having an issue, with the cable being perfectly fine.

If you find with the new product that the cable is still having issues, let us know and we can take things from there. 🙂

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

justinian
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Hi there,

thanks so much for your quick response! I do have one more question for you. What is the proper way to send back the headphones? I didn't see a lot of instruction. It just says to use the UPS label that they provided in the email. do I need to put them in the box that they came in? It's been awhile and I don't think I'll be able to find it. If that's not required, is there some minimum requirement for the packaging that needs to be sent back? Thanks again for your help!

Tegan_M

No problem at all!

The original box is not required. We just suggest you package your product in bubble wrap in a suitable sized box/packaging and ensure you have the UPS label attached. 😊

Come check out my profile here. New to the community? Check out our Community Guidelines and How to use the Bose Community for helpful hints on getting started. And don't forget to check out our new and improved Community Ranks and Rewards!
justinian
Participant
Registered since

Mar 30, 2020

Thanks for these responses. I was able to fashion a box and just sent it out. Also I think I was causing confusion earlier by saying charger. I just meant the case, not the cable. Someone from Bose told me to keep the cable but send the case with the earbuds in them. Thanks again for your help!