radinckvv
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

Re: Replacement program

Same issue here, called to see if Bose would replace my QC25 headphones as the left cup stopped working and they told me it's out of warranty and all they can do is give me a 20% discount on a new pair. Terrible service given that this is a known manufacturer's defect - they should replace these headphones free of charge and not waste 20 minutes of my time.

Unfortunately, they just lost a good customer and I will tell anyone that asks me about their headphones to stay well clear of them!

cmrpires
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Aug 20, 2018

The left speaker of my Bose QC25s has just stopped working. If I tap the ear piece it tries to work but it then stops after a few seconds as if there's a loose wire inside. 

With a simple search on google I found lots of people with similar problems. It seems Bose is aware about this defect on this particular model and it's well documented. 

I called the support and they said Bose "doesn't do repairs because of the complexity of their products" and it's not worth it to go to a physical store as they won't be able to help.

The only option I was given was to pay almost full price to get a replacement (same model) which honestly I am quite disappointed, considering this is clearly a problem with this product. I was told I would have to pay £135 for a replacement instead of full price of £289. Everyone knows at the moment the QC25 are discounted and we easily get them new for less than £180 which means this is not a good deal at all paying £135 for 4 year old technology and considering this is a problem with this particular product. 

After sharing this on Bose facebook page, someone reached out to me asked me for all the details again and the only option they gave me was again to pay £135 to get a replacement! 

I travel a lot and at the moment my QC25s are unusable. Bose has recognized there was indeed a problem with the QC25s and should own the problem. I've always taken good care of the headphones and at this price point I would expect them to last much longer. This is really disappointing! 

D2332320
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Bose is failing miserably in the area of supporting their customers.  I was just fully reimbursed by my credit card company for the $350 headphones I bought almost two years ago.  I would highly recommend checking to see if yours would be covered.  

D2332320
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

@Tony_G wrote:

Hi D2332320,

Thanks for posting. I would definitely contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Regards

Tony - Community Support

Bose support was a dead end.  They just wanted to sell me a new pair of headphones, but not just sell them at almost full price.  They wanted me to mail back the broken headphones...like somehow because they're giving me $30 off a new set they deserve to receive my $350 headset for free.

Highlighted
Edward35
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 2, 2018

This is ridiculous and I have the same experience after contacting Hong Kong support - 'buy the newer one' - really? My $300 premium headphones, just out of warranty, evidently have a VERY COMMON DESIGN & MANUFACTURING FLAW and no free replacements are offered? I will advise anyone and everyone looking to purchase Bose to steer clear.

Tmillz
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 3, 2018

I agree. I always used to hear about how good af a warranty BOSE had but had never looked into it. I purchased a set of QC35 in April of 2017 and about a month and a half ago the power switch on the side stopped working and im unable to turn them off. Also the leather ear pad material is starting to come off. I called in and they said there is no way to have them repaired and my single option was to purchase a new set for $300 I think it was. The reason they gave me for why they don't repair headphones is because "the parts are too small." Like give me a break!!!
D2332320
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

First, file a claim with your credit card company if the card you bought it on has an extended warranty option.  Most credit cards will automatically add an extra year or two to the manufacturer warranty.  I just got back $350 this way.   

Second, if they don't ask for the headphones back, repair them.  This might be the right part or not.  You'll have to take them apart and figure it out, but you should be able to get what you need 3D printed very cheap and way better quality than the junk power switch bose has been putting in their products for years and years.  

(Moderator Edit: Removed external link)

IvorJ
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 6, 2018

Gee whiz,

Some years ago, I purchased a set of Quiet Comfort 15's, and after they died, I purchased some QC25's.   They too died after a couple of years, and now my QC35's have died.  I thought it was just me, but maybe it is time to change brands.

They do not seem to be having a good run!

Good luck everyone

Ivor

FuriousCustomer
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Sep 5, 2018

Bought my QC25s a little over 2 years ago in Yodobashi Japan. They broke due to the same known fault which has affected everyone else here. BOSE want over $200 to mend the wire inside which has snapped due to their shoddy design. I'm utterly furious. I'll absolutely never go near a BOSE product again. 

IvorJ
Friendly Fanatic
Registered since

Sep 6, 2018

Well, as I said I have been through three pairs of different vintages.

And no response by Bose at all.  TIme to consider a different brand.

Anyone got any suggestions on a good set of headphones with accompanying support?