D2332320
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 14, 2018

Re: Replacement program

I have a pair of QC 35 headphones they are also just out of warranty and the power switch seems to be failing. They randomly turn themselves on or do not turn off with the switch.

Hi D2332320,

Thanks for posting. I would definitely contact your local Bose support for assistance. Here is a link you can use. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us"

Regards

Tony - Community Support

mackje
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 19, 2018

Same story with Bose!!!  So frustrated.  Bose QC35 begins w a static in left ear one month outside warranty.  "Sorry sir, you can buy a new pair for $100 off"  I have had these headphones for 13 months and spent $350!!!  RIDICULOUS

chbaruwa
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 18, 2018

I have had 5 pair of Bose noise canceling headsets over the last 15+ years. My first pair was the qc15 over the ear. I had them for a couple years before they stopped working, outside of warranty period. I bought another pair, had them for a couple years, sold them and bought the qc20. They stopped working in less than a year I received a free replacement then those stopped working, but outside the warranty period. I was offered a discount on new pair, I purchased a new pair now they have stopped working and again outside the warranty. Although I was offered another discount, I'm starting feel this is a never ending cycle. I have other Bose products that never had a problem. After significant financial outlay and repeated pattern of failure it may be time to try something different. 

rajc
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jun 22, 2018

I have the same problem - the right cup of my QC 25 wired stopped working mid-flight soon after my warranty ended....

-Raj

Hi rajc,

Thanks for posting. the best thing would be to contact your local Bose support using this link. Click on your country, scroll down to "Contact Us".

Regards,

Tony - Community Support

hoff
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jun 28, 2018

Seems like I'm in the same boat as everyone here.  Was a long time fan of the various LG Tone headphones but was wowed by the QC35s so put out the extra money for them.  Loved the noise cancellation and the ability to hear how soft/loud I was talking on my business calls.  Now just shy of 15 months of owning them they've become useless to me as the microphone stopped working and my customers can't hear me.  I called Bose support and since my headphones are outside the one year warranty they offered me a "deal" to get the new QC35 II headphones for $129.  Why spend more money on another set of Bose headphones that I'll probably just have the same issues with 15 months from now?  Really considering just taking my loss with Bose and going back to LG.  Those headphones lasted forever.

Jesmin
Silent Starter
Registered since

Jul 9, 2018

I also had issue with my quite comfort 25.after 1.5 years or so 1 side of the sound doesnt seem right

@Jesmin Hello, thank you for writing in, and sorry to hear about your QC25 headphones. We can definitely help you out with this, and I encourage you to contact your local Bose Support for further assistance. They will work with you to discuss your service options.

Here is a link to get contact information. Just select your region, and kindly scroll down to where you see "contact us".

Thank you again,

Mohsin

CarlynC
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Jul 11, 2018

Hi Phil,

Was anyone able to help you?   It must be a manufacturing problem!  I bought my first pair of QC20i noise-cancelling headphones August 2014.  In May 2015 the right earbud stopped producing sound and noise cancellation for no reason.  Like you, my headphones were in excellent condition.  The SoHo store exchanged them for me but said I needed to buy the $60 extended warranty for the replacement headphones because it "would probably happen again".  Cut to today, when the right earbud AGAIN stopped producing sound and noise cancellation for no reason.  My headphones again were kept in excellent condition and look brand new.  After being tossed to their 3rd Party warranty provider (SquareTrade) I was told my extended warranty expired in May 2018. The earbud stopped working weeks after the warranty ran out.  Convenient, right?  SquareTrade said I should "just buy another set".  The same exact defect happened to their same product 3 years later. You would think a company who's slogan is "better sound through research" would have solved this defect by now.  Very disappointed that Bose no longer seems to care about their customers or the quality of their products anymore. 

Carlyn