Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Request to Bose to contact YouTube iOS dev team to solve audio lag issue (Soundsport Free)

Hi Bose mods,

In response to https://www.bose.com/en_us/support/article/about-audio-video-synchronization-.html and many other Internet forums.

I would like to ask the Bose team to flex it’s muscles to contact YouTube iOS app developing team to look at the Bluetooth audio lag issue.

Since the the introduction of the Soundsport Free there has been many myths (at least among the user forums scatttered around he internet) what the issue seems to be for the audio and video lag for YouTube. Now after years it seems that from your side you have updated the firmware as best as you could since the introduction of the Free, but still the audio lag issue still persist on the YouTube iOS app. It seems that the YouTube app needs to incorporate an audio lag correction code for this type of headphones using this type of chipset that are also used in the soundsport Free, since it seems to work for the native Apple iOS apps when playing video (obvious example is to play YouTube movies within Safari browser.... no audio lag as compared with YouTube app itself). 

I am pleading here to the Bose Mods @Andy_B @Liam_W @Hector_B @Charlotte_G to help us to make the Soundsport Free useable with the Top 1 video app on iOS!

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted

Re: Request to Bose to contact YouTube iOS dev team to solve audio lag issue (Soundsport Free)

Hello Narindo, 

Thank you for posting in the Bose Community. 

It is great that you are so keen about this matter, and of course, I am happy to pass along these comments and feedback to our development team. 

If you have any further questions or queries, do not hesitate to reach back out to us. 

Warm regards,

Charlotte G - Community Support

Feel more. Do more. Be more.
New to the community? Check out the Getting Started board.
Help others find answers to your questions by clicking on 'Accept as Solution' at the bottom of a reply.
If you see a post you like, make sure to give it a thumbs up!
Highlighted
Contributor
Registered since

Feb 24, 2018

Re: Request to Bose to contact YouTube iOS dev team to solve audio lag issue (Soundsport Free)

Thanks, yeah... keen is the the word. Just too many negative posts about this. Although I am already no expecting much change anymore....