Highlighted
Vio
Audible Advocate
Registered since

Jul 19, 2017

Revolve + speakerphone won't connected to skype and facebook calls

Revolve + speakerphone won't connected to skype and facebook calls. It works fine with normal calls though.
17 REPLIES 17

Re: Revolve + speakerphone won't connected to skype and facebook calls

Vio

Thanks for the post. Sorry to hear that. could I ask are you using the speaker on your phone or a computer? If is encouraging that the speaker works with calls. So we can narrow the issue down to a setting with Facebook or Skype.

Let us know

Tony

bartj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

This was the biggest issue in Boe Soundlink Mini 2 and the reason why I upgraded to Bose Revolve. It turned out that VoIP aplications like Skype, Facebook Messenger on iPhone etc. are still now working with Bose Speaker. I just cannot believe it. Any chinese bluetooth headset for €20 can do it. Even bluetooth in my car from 2012 can support calls through Skype, Facebook Massenger on my iPhone etc. There is no excuse that company like Bose can ignore this feature and sell speaker with calling functionallity. This was widely criticised problem of Bose. Last time excuse was hardware cannot support it. Really €200 Speaker cannot work properly with massively addopted applications?

ramrajn
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Sep 10, 2017

Hi,
I have similar issues. The Revolve that I just bought works fine with phone calls, but not with any other app, eg Skype, Whatsapp, Mobilevoip etc.
The initial ring and disconnection sounds of Skype are heard but not anything else. In other apps, the Revolve says call ended, the moment the app ( Whatsapp, etc) starts making the call.

I think this may be an issue that Bose could consider to address through a firmware update.

Kindly advise if there is any chance, for this is a wonderful product otherwise.

Ram

Hi everyone,

Thanks for contributing to the conversation and posting your experiences and issues. I looked into this and for Skype, I found this article which helps walk through the steps to ensure that Skype calls can be completed using a Bluetooth device.  With Facebook Messenger, what I mainly found was people who had this issue stating that updating the Messenger App took care of the issue, so make sure that Messenger is up to date.  I recommend looking into the settings and updates of the apps that are having the issues, please let me know if anyone has any further questions!

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

bartj
Silent Starter
Registered since

Sep 9, 2017

I cannot agree with suggestion that the issue is in applications and should be reaolved by an app update. It's probably a workaround that app developers trying to overcome. As it was mentioned in my erlier post, one can take cheap bluetooth headphones and check that these updates are not required 😉 . Bose please update the firmware and add more bluetooth profiles etc. as I love your brand and would like to enjoy your speaker not only with music but with calls that I am making in my kitchen while asking for receipe my mum 🙂

Hi bartj,

Thanks for the response and thank you for the suggestion.  I will pass that along to our development team!

Thanks,

Shiloh_C

cmcosep
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

My revolve soundlink doesn't work with FB Messenger. When making calls, it's always "call ended!" Updated firmware to v1.2.2 and my bose connect app is v5.0.2
It's very frustrating as my android phone works very well with other bluetooth devices like in my car and ordinary headset. What is wrong with Bose?

Hey cmcosep!

Thanks for joining the conversation, I'm glad you reached out.  Can I ask - are you able to establish a call through your headphones with Messenger at all, does it cut out or not establish the call at all?

I'd like to try a couple steps here.  First off, could you try pairing the speaker with another Bluetooth device and make a call? I just want to make sure the speaker isn't experiencing a defect. 

Let's perform a rest on the Revolve, I've included the steps below: 

1. Turn the speaker on
  2. Press and hold the Power button for 10 seconds
  3. Once complete, the Bluetooth indicator flashes blue and a voice prompt prompts to select a language

This is a factory reset so this will also clear your paired devices list and require that you reselect a language for voice prompts.  After you complete this you'll have to reestablish Bluetooth connections with your devices. 

Let me know if this helps?

Thanks so much and have a lovely day,

Shiloh_C 

cmcosep
Quiet Contributor
Registered since

Nov 28, 2017

Thanks for the quick response but I only have one mobile device now. I have tried the reset procedure and after the reset the problem still persists. As said, my mobile device works very well in my car's blue tooth speakers and my bluetooth headset. Therefore, there is something wrong with my bose revolve soundlink. Btw, my bose speaker works with regular voice calls. The only issue is if I'm using an app like FB Messenger. Once I press the call button, I can immediately hear "call ended". Please let me know other steps to do to fix this.