Right ear stopped working QC25

Silent Starter

Right ear stopped working QC25

So I have actually never had a problem with bose in the past and i have multiple bose pridects. This last saturday i took my qc25 out of the case so i could listen to them and what i surprise the right earcup stopped working. So naturally i started looking up online if there is a fix and found out that so many people had the same problem and it was the companies fault for using faulty speakers that dont last. So naturally i went to the bose store and even the employee there acknoledged that this is a very common isse with the QC25. They told me since I go to the store often to call in and most likely bose will help you out. I called in and the guy over the phone said the "best" we can do is give you anothr pair od QC25 for 135 plus tax. Like what? for a problem that bose knows is there fault they expect you to pay even more to get a replacement? reading online people have been offered a free pair of qc35's as a sorry because of what happened to them and for me a replacement 25's for 135 NO THANKS! ive had apple replace things for me multiple years out of warranty because they realized it was there fault and that too free of charge! Honestly I am a person who loves technology and my friends come to me to ask what heaphones to buy and today will be the last day i ever recommend Bose. My friend wants a pair of noise cancelling headphones and i am going to tell him to buy the sony wh-1000xm3. You lost a loyal customer today bose thanks for making me realize the horrible cistomer service you guys have. Never again will i or any one of my friends buy a bose product!!

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Right ear stopped working QC25

Hi, ashar126.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had such a bad experience with customer support, and that your headphones aren't working in one ear. Were you offered a replacement cable as a possible solution to this issue? If not, that's something that we can try. It might not necessarily be the speaker that's causing the issue.

Best regards,

Patrick A - Community Support

Silent Starter

Yes i was offered that, i went into a bose store and the person checked it out and said that it was the driver that stopped working. I have already tried 3 cables along with the one in the Bose retail store. The sales associate had also said that it is a very common issue with the QC25 not to mention there are people all on reddit and on the bose support pages complaining abou tthe same issue and a lot of them were offered free replacements even if the headphones were out of warranty. My friend was actually even offered a pair of QC35 as a free replacement and all i got offered is a $135 replacement for a QC25. Feel very upset with customer support! 

Hi, ashar126.

I understand your disappointment. At present, the correct cost for an out-of-warranty replacement in the USA is $135. As forum moderators, we are unable to offer any alternative service options. However, we do collate issues like this to determine which issues our customers most commonly encounter with products to provide better service in the future.

I'm sorry that you've had such a bad experience. If you'd like to speak to telephone support again, you can find the correct number by selecting your country from this list and click "Contact Us" from the menu at the bottom of the subsequent page.

Patrick A