vicecald
Participant
Registered since

Nov 23, 2018

Re: Rubber Cover on QuietControl 30

Hi, I purchase this in the US airport in the way to Mexico. After some months I notice the same problem everybody is complaining about and I am so mad with this company, This is not a cheap product and seems like I bought a chinesse counterfit- Very dissaponted on BOSE. Now I calles Local support in MX and the stupid page is having errors when I filled my information. God!! I will continue looking for a satisfactory resolution. How is this possibble!!

BOSE QC30 MFG ISSUE.jpg

djchewie
Participant
Registered since

Oct 23, 2018

Best to call and speak to a person.
Was my 2nd pair so I paid the difference and got the qC35s as a replacement.
jchk
Participant
Registered since

Jan 9, 2019

It seems even you got replacement, the problem will still remains. I suggested that we can send it to some repair expert like EEVBlog or David Rossmann on Youtube, see if they have some good suggestions that can help us and other Bose fans to permantly fix this issue. How do you think?

JerrySullivan
Participant
Registered since

Nov 17, 2017

It seems to be a problem with the silicone rubber cover. It absorbs sweat and salt from your body and swells. Nikon and Canon used to have the same problem with the same material on their camera body covers and they have since substitued a much harder rubber or plactic that no longer deteriorates. I believe that Bose has thousands of these and will not replace them because of the cost. It's cheaper to just keep replacing the headphone than to re-engineer the entire headphone covers. You can be sure on the Ver. 2.0 the material will be hard plastic.

Tony_G
Moderator - Retired
Registered since

Dec 15, 2016

Hi JerrySullivan,

Thanks for posting. I would recommend for anyone having this trouble to contact their local support team for assistance. Here is a link with contact information. Click on your country, scroll down until you see "Contact Us."

Regards,

Tony G

issaquahbg
Participant
Registered since

Nov 16, 2020

Quiet Control Neck Rubber Coating Dislodged, Rendering Buttons Unusable

My Quiet Control 30 1st generation headphones are working, but...  The rubber around the neck ring has somehow stretched and dislodged to the point I can't turn off and on without peeling back and pushing on and off with a pen.  Is that problem servicable?

Bose product name. Quiet Control 30

(Quiet Comfort Earbuds, NC700, Soundbar 700, etc.)

Country

Firmware Version

(1.0.7, 4.8.1, 1.7.0, etc.)

App Version

(4.1.1, 13.0.2, etc.)

What devices were you using that were affected and what version are they on

(Samsung Galaxy S9 on Android 11, iPhone X on iOS14, etc.)

Detailed description of the issue and steps to reproduce

Where do you run into the issue?  Does Not Apply

When did you start to experience the issue? Did it work correctly previously? Does Not Apply

Any troubleshooting steps you took - Does Not Apply